DCL still providing Shampoo/conditioner/lotion, yes?

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. We leave for Bermuda soon :)

Almost done packing. Just want to check with recent cruises and make sure they are still providing shampoo/condition and lotion. I aways bring my own (cruises, vacations, etc.). Since it is a shorter cruise, I have short hair, thought of not packing mine this time around.

Thank you!!!

Almost done packing. Just want to check with recent cruises and make sure they are still providing shampoo/condition and lotion. I aways bring my own (cruises, vacations, etc.). Since it is a shorter cruise, I have short hair, thought of not packing mine this time around.

Thank you!!!

Yes!

We sail on the Magic beginning Of November. Do they offer the little bottles or the wall pumps in the staterooms?

Also what do they offer in the gym showers? Bottles or pumps? Are the gym showers the same Sea Marine shampoo scent? DH loves the stuff!

We sail on the Magic beginning Of November. Do they offer the little bottles or the wall pumps in the staterooms?

Also what do they offer in the gym showers? Bottles or pumps? Are the gym showers the same Marine shampoo scent? DH loves the stuff!

Standard cabins get H2O+ and concierge gets Elemis in the small bottles.

The gyms are has Elemis in dispensers.

Standard cabins get H2O+ and concierge gets Elemis in the small bottles.

The gyms are has Elemis in dispensers.

And that in and of itself is why I will never bother with the gym showers. Elemis absolutely wrecks my hair.

We got off the Dream this morning and yes, there were small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a bar of soap in the room.

One more question for you and/or everyone,

Do they still give out beach bags for the stateroom gift? I usually bring one too and then we end up getting one as a gift :) - I pack the house as it is, just trying to see what I can leave home!

Do they still give out beach bags for the stateroom gift? I usually bring one too and then we end up getting one as a gift :) - I pack the house as it is, just trying to see what I can leave home!

We did not receive a beach bag but we are not DVC, AP, etc members. This was our first Disney cruise. We did see nice beach bags for sale in the gift shops and on the dock at Castaway Cay.

We did not receive a beach bag but we are not DVC, AP, etc members. This was our first Disney cruise. We did see nice beach bags for sale in the gift shops and on the dock at Castaway Cay.

Thank you. I have quiet a few, will bring one as usual :) -

I hope you enjoyed your first cruise. We love them. We are going on our 8th!

Thank you!!!
Yes, they still provide them. However a change is in the wind, according to this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/move-to-refillable-toiletries.3695744/

Personally, I wish they wouldn't. It makes the whole "feel" of the bathroom seem like a locker room, and not the upscale experience it should be.

I believe the CC gift is a nice sling bag.

Thank you!!!
HAVE FUN!:cheer2: We honeymooned on Bermuda 35 years ago, Southampton Princess hoping to get back to Bermuda, maybe for our 40th! :love:Bermuda is gorgeous! Is this a "de stresser" from your weddng planning? Weddings are awesome, but certainly some stress comes along with all the details!::yes:::wave2:

HAVE FUN!:cheer2: We honeymooned on Bermuda 35 years ago, Southampton Princess hoping to get back to Bermuda, maybe for our 40th! :love:Bermuda is gorgeous! Is this a "de stresser" from your weddng planning? Weddings are awesome, but certainly some stress comes along with all the details!::yes:::wave2:

Thank you. I hear it's beautiful. It's our first time. One of the reasons why we booked this cruise. And, it is out of NYC first time too for us - so no flying. Concerned with weather/choppy seas.

We also go to Disney end of October. Originally we were not sure if we were going to keep our cruise reservation. Destress :) but also adding some extra stress. Too close to my next vacation. Taking time off, watching our grandchildren/working out schedule with dil and her mom, wedding stress, dd possibly buying home in DE - two hours away.......so maybe it is a bit of de-stressing? Plan on taking it easy these two vacations. In May we have the wedding planning session.........so part vacation/part planning :).

I have done this twice already but first destination wedding. Hope you are now all relaxed :)

We received the sling bag on our March cruise. It is a nice bag, however it is quite a bit smaller than the beach bag. If you're putting stuff in it for a family it will be too small. It would probably be ok for 2 towels, but I doubt you would get more than 2 in it along with anything else you might bring like lotion, water bottles, camera and such. I always take more stuff than we need, but if you don't it would be ok. I suppose you could carry the towels and put anything else in the sling bag. I should remember that for our next cruise, I always stuff everything in the beach bag, plus a backpack! lol!!

Last edited:
Thank you. I hear it's beautiful. It's our first time. One of the reasons why we booked this cruise. And, it is out of NYC first time too for us - so no flying. Concerned with weather/choppy seas.

We also go to Disney end of October. Originally we were not sure if we were going to keep our cruise reservation. Destress :) but also adding some extra stress. Too close to my next vacation. Taking time off, watching our grandchildren/working out schedule with dil and her mom, wedding stress, dd possibly buying home in DE - two hours away.......so maybe it is a bit of de-stressing? Plan on taking it easy these two vacations. In May we have the wedding planning session.........so part vacation/part planning :).

I have done this twice already but first destination wedding. Hope you are now all relaxed :)
ENJOY the time away, relax, you have a lot on your plate! Yes, DS and I can't wait for our October F& W trip and then our pre-holiday Universal trip with DH and youngest DS mid December. Really HOPING that newly married DS and DIL can join us for the Dec trip...its a longshot, both took time off for their honeymoon, so its unlikely they can get away from their careers. HOPING that they can just take 1 day off, a Friday and fly down on a Thursday night after work to join us through Sunday:goodvibes. Oh well, if not, there will be many other times, hopefully "down the road" with grandchildren also! pixiedust::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter