DCL soft sided cooler allowed?

jenepat

Earning My Ears
I've been searching for 30-45 minutes and can't find a good answer to this. Hoping someone knows. We're flying out in the morning for our Thanksgiving 5 night on the Magic - woohoo!

We last cruised in March 2020, just pre-COVID, and bought a beer package that came with a nice soft-sided DCL cooler bag (w/ shoulder strap).

Does anyone know if it's allowed to bring this back onboard as a carry-on with our beer/wine and perhaps some meds? I know the cooler policy says nothing over 12x12x12 (and seems it must be used for medicine or baby food). The DCL bag is slightly larger than this, but it's hard to imagine they would not allow it considering we purchased it on a previous cruise.

Definitely don't want it confiscated or forced to throw it away. But we'll have to re-think our carry-on situation if we can't bring it.

I've been searching for 30-45 minutes and can't find a good answer to this. Hoping someone knows. We're flying out in the morning for our Thanksgiving 5 night on the Magic - woohoo!

We last cruised in March 2020, just pre-COVID, and bought a beer package that came with a nice soft-sided DCL cooler bag (w/ shoulder strap).

Does anyone know if it's allowed to bring this back onboard as a carry-on with our beer/wine and perhaps some meds? I know the cooler policy says nothing over 12x12x12 (and seems it must be used for medicine or baby food). The DCL bag is slightly larger than this, but it's hard to imagine they would not allow it considering we purchased it on a previous cruise.

Definitely don't want it confiscated or forced to throw it away. But we'll have to re-think our carry-on situation if we can't bring it.
I would imagine, if you have it packed in your luggage, they won't have an issue with it. Whether you'd be allowed to bring it on with ice/beer/meds, I don't know.

I think Ice Packs would be ok, but they may not allow regular ice. At least that's the way it is at the parks.

I would imagine, if you have it packed in your luggage, they won't have an issue with it. Whether you'd be allowed to bring it on with ice/beer/meds, I don't know.
Yes, wasn't planning to bring it with ice. But was thinking we'd use it to carry on our alcohol. Guess we could just use a mini suitcase for all of it.

we used a soft sided cooler with rollers to bring our soda and bottle water onto the ship last month, no problem

I had this exact question and emailed DCL They replied that only coolers within the 12x12x12 limit are allowed. Since it is a soft cooler I can fold the top down and it is within the limit. Lol! Can anyone else confirm they have carried this DCL cooler back onboard without issue? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1

Absolutely allowed to bring it back on. One thing to note, the new version they're selling is nicer (I assume they have it on the Magic, they had it on the Wish and Fantasy (without the Wish tag on it)) so if you're inclined to upgrade these kinds of things, you may want to leave the old one at home and buy a new one.

Attachments

• 307165728_10223776582147840_2128049702777402404_n.jpg
    307165728_10223776582147840_2128049702777402404_n.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 28
Does anyone know how much the cooler beer package costs? Going on the Dream in a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter