• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

They are obviously unaware that Venmo, at least at the moment, is an exclusively American platform. You need a US cell phone number, the app only works when on a US network, and you can only transfer in or out of US domestic bank accounts.

Probably not going to work for many DCL service staff.

They are obviously unaware that Venmo, at least at the moment, is an exclusively American platform. You need a US cell phone number, the app only works when on a US network, and you can only transfer in or out of US domestic bank accounts.

Probably not going to work for many DCL service staff.

I hear what you're saying, but the vast majority of DCL's itineraries are from US ports and they work for a US company... I'd be surprised if it wasn't worth their while to set up accounts/have US numbers for the times they are in port or on days off. Some won't, but heck even when I travel on vacation for more than a week at a time I use foreign cell phone networks & foreign apps. I honestly have even looked into opening accounts in countries I travel to frequently that make things harder to book and pay for things when you don't have a domestic account (looking at you, Japan!). In addition, there also are a number of US citizens who work on the ship. It's worth mentioning as an option.

I watched this episode 2 times and I'm still confused:

1: how do I know if my basic gratuity is included in my booking?
2: I'm sailing concierge in Feb 23 out of San Diego, do I tip my room and wait staff etc. in addition, tip the concierge team? Will my stateroom get an envelope for each?
3: It sounds like tip a cast member if you want, but ultimately at the end of the trip all tips will be accounted for.

Or is there a thread on this topic detailing it for me?

Haven't watched the video as I am on my phone. But one thing I wonder about, I started following the Youtube channel Emma Cruises. She mainly does other cruiselines as she is a budget cruiser, but last summer she did a Disney staycation cruise in the UK.

One thing that really confused her was the tipping procedures on Disney. I have only cruised once and it as with Disney, so I do not know any better. Plus I am from Europe as well. US tipping is strange to us to begin with.

For people who regularly cruise Disney and cruise other lines, is what Disney does with their envelopes so unusual?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter