• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Ship Cake--Anyone ever made one?

Malone

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping someone out there is a cake decorating enthusiast and has made a DCL ship cake....If so, do you have pictures?
We're planning a party for our daughter's 6th birthday the weekend before we leave for her birthday cruise on the Wonder. The birthday party theme she requested this year is Disney Cruise/Carribean Beach Party/Little Mermaid. I have a football shaped pan to make the base of the ship and some Disney figures to put on top, but I'm looking for more ideas. Surely someone out there has done this!!!

Thanks!
Carrie

wow, what a great idea! Our son turns 6 on 10/19 and we leave on 11/1 - I might just consider this!

Did you try a search on boat or ship cakes? If you can find directions to make one, you can probably modify it to make it more "Wonder"ful (or "Magical" in our case)

Good luck!

Yes, I've done a search online and found one picture of a cruise ship cake. It was for a wedding. I'm hoping someone has done the Disney cake already and can take some of the thinking away from me, and I can just go from pictures!!!

check familyfun.com they had a ship cake. you will have to do a search on their site as it has been over a year since I make it. It is not a cruisse ship but may help with ideas.

Thanks everyone! When I get this cake done, I'll post pictures. The party is Sept. 13th, and our cruise is the 18th.
Getting closer!
Anyone have ideas for the birthday party games that would be cruise related?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter