DCL result shuttle, arrival time?

aly58991

Earning My Ears
i know it used to be bad but i was just wondering if people recently had an idea of what time you would arrive at port if you took a DCL transfer from pop century

i know it used to be bad but i was just wondering if people recently had an idea of what time you would arrive at port if you took a DCL transfer from pop century

There is no way to know this ahead of time. Disney will plan their resort pick-ups based on the number of people requesting transfers at each resort. In the past, pick-ups generally occurred between 10:30 and 1. You will get your departure time the night before the cruise.

I would love to know this as I am scheduled to be picked up from POP as well. DCL emailed me that we can arrive at the port even earlier and some can arrive by 11 which is really awesome. I doubt that means the buses will come around any sooner but we can hope.

In the past, the DCL transfers came around noonish getting us to the port around 1:30 or so.

We just took the transport on 8/13 from Wilderness Lodge; pickup was Noon -- we also stopped at Poly. We arrived at the port by 1:20ish. We were BG2 and they called our group just as we walked up into the terminal, so it was perfect. I understand BG2 will likely be called earlier with the earlier PATs now in place.

Looks like resort buses are still scheduled to leave around Noon for the port. This was in an email I received from DCL about our November cruise:

Motorcoach Transportation:
For Guests with transfers included with their cruise vacation, motorcoach transportation from the Orlando International Airport to the port in Port Canaveral, Florida will begin at approximately 11:30 a.m. on the day of embarkation. Resort Guest motorcoach transportation will begin at approximately 12:00 noon on the day of embarkation.

Last edited:

We received our letter tonight with a luggage time of 7am and a pick up time for 8:45am at the Contemporary. I’ve never heard it be so early before. Is this the new norm? Seems like we’ll get to the port way before the first scheduled port time of 12 noon?

We received our letter tonight with a luggage time of 7am and a pick up time for 8:45am at the Contemporary. I’ve never heard it be so early before. Is this the new norm? Seems like we’ll get to the port way before the first scheduled port time of 12 noon?
Yes, it is the new norm. Pick-up from WDW resorts starts as early at 8am now, I believe it's to allow time for testing. I thought first PAT has been around 10:30 or 11:00, but the bus may arrive earlier.

We got picked up at 8:25 from OKW and were on the ship by noon.
They didn't start loading until then. Sat in the terminal for awhile. It was practically empty.

Currently resort pick ups are MUCH earlier than they used to be! Testing can take up to an hour or so. We drove to the port last month and were parking a car. We waited for results in our car and they took 50 minutes to come back.

Same as other replies here, we stayed at AKL-Jambo House the night before our Oct 2nd Fantasy cruise and were picked up around 8:30AM or so

For now, yes. This is to allow for enough time for testing and to complete check-in at the terminal.

Ugh. We'll be staying at the Contemporary in January prior to a cruise. My son will be coming from California. 7 am is the middle of the night for him. 8:45 would be bad enough. Do you have to put your luggage out ahead of time or can you take it with you?

He's thinking about finding alternate transportation, but as one who doesn't use Uber much, that worries me.

Ugh. We'll be staying at the Contemporary in January prior to a cruise. My son will be coming from California. 7 am is the middle of the night for him. 8:45 would be bad enough. Do you have to put your luggage out ahead of time or can you take it with you?

He's thinking about finding alternate transportation, but as one who doesn't use Uber much, that worries me.

At least in the past, I've always carried my own luggage to the bus. I'm never ready when they try to pick it up the night before or early in the morning. Like, who wants to be ready to go nearly two hours before the bus gets there? So early!

Thanks. I just don’t want to get to the bus and be told they don’t take luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter