DCL Party Planning Thread (combined threads)

Where you asked to Host DCL party?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I've got it figured out.

This is the new hoop you have to jump through to get the coveted Castaway Club lanyard.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Absolutely!

Actually, I'd love to GO to one - but I'm not so big on hosting one.
Maybe we could have DISers that are chosen from whatever states post about it here and turn them into informal DISmeets too! :)

We did the cartoon network house party through the same site a month or so back. It was a blast, if you can do it.

I applied for one too. It sounds like great fun. We are always having people ask us about the Disney Cruise. What a great way to let everyone know. I hope we get something for doing it.

We applied to host. It's only a couple of weeks before our next cruise, so it will add to the excitement.

We applied to host. It's only a couple of weeks before our next cruise, so it will add to the excitement.

Perfect! :cheer2:

It's a couple of weeks AFTER our next cruise, so I could include pics from that.

But who knows exactly what their demographic target is? :confused3 The host application is plainly geared toward an identified demographic -- but I have no clue whether I fall within the target. We shall see . . . :rolleyes1

Got the email and applied! I hope we get chosen. My family is so hooked on DCL that my co-workers get angry with me for talking about it. I know they are just jealous!

This seems like it would be a ton of fun!

I can't host one...but I would LOVE to go to one!!! If anyone is hosting them in Arkansas...let me know!

I can't host one...but I would LOVE to go to one!!! If anyone is hosting them in Arkansas...let me know!
so do you need to create a houseparty account or do you already have one? Because I logged onto mine but I don't have this party on there to apply for it.

I got the email too. It really does not make sense to me. I guess it would be worth it if Disney gave you a really great discount on a cruise, however, it looks like they just give you some "junk". I cant understand why someone would get "their" house ready, invite "their" friends, go to all the trouble to prepare food and drinks just to make Disney more money. I dont know....maybe I am missing something. I love dcl and love telling my friends about it , just dont understand this.:confused3

Ditto! :thumbsup2

so do you need to create a houseparty account or do you already have one? Because I logged onto mine but I don't have this party on there to apply for it.

I don't know how you can. Maybe they will send you an invite to fill out. That is how mine came.:)

So I applied and sounds like fun. A little more info would be helpful like what they give you to help with your party :confused3 that could make or break your decision.

always game for a party. The only problem is I'm not sure how much more I could tell my friends...they have heard my stories 100 times :rotfl2: they know as much as I do and they have never even sailed DCL:lmao:

Theresa,

Follow this link. You'll have to create a houseparty account and then you can apply. I didn't receive an invitation (I am a castaway club member) and I had no problem applying.

http://www.houseparty.com/disneycruiseline

Good luck and pixie dust sent your way! pixiedust:

Theresa,

Follow this link. You'll have to create a houseparty account and then you can apply. I didn't receive an invitation (I am a castaway club member) and I had no problem applying.

http://www.houseparty.com/disneycruiseline

Good luck and pixie dust sent your way! pixiedust:

I forwarded the email to a friend to apply who had not received it but was a CC member -- I think anyone can apply as long as you use that linky. :thumbsup2

I am guessing that the original email was sent to folks who met a certain demographic profile, but who knows. :confused3 I always fill out the pop-up surveys when I get them on the DCL and other Disney sites, and I imagine that they use those for marketing events like this.

Good luck to all Dis'ers who apply!! Please report here if you are picked as a host!! :flower3:

I forwarded the email to a friend to apply who had not received it but was a CC member -- I think anyone can apply as long as you use that linky. :thumbsup2

I am guessing that the original email was sent to folks who met a certain demographic profile, but who knows. :confused3 I always fill out the pop-up surveys when I get them on the DCL and other Disney sites, and I imagine that they use those for marketing events like this.

Good luck to all Dis'ers who apply!! Please report here if you are picked as a host!! :flower3:
Thank you, I was able to apply today. It was odd because I would usually get to that screen where I could click Apply Here but for this particular one I could not but I am now registered so I am very happy.

When this thread first aired I shot off an e-mail to DCL and they responded with a link to the houseparty site for DCL.

I applied and will wait to see what happens next!!!

"It's also the week of my 40th birthday! Any chance my DH planned all of this?? Maybe it's all about ME!"

Sorry, I didnt mean to appear obnoxious it was just wishful thinking on my part that they new special summer cruises would be heading down my way to Sydney but I cant see it happening as its too far a distance,.....oh well, its nice to dream
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter