coachsomer

Mouseketeer
Lot of talk about new ships, ports etc. On the Dcl forum they got a lot of
interest for a northeastern port. what's the chances. When we cruised we met
people from Canada and Penna.< our home state> and a lot of people from
Florida. Does anyone know the makeup of the people cruising Disney. either by
states or regions etc. Is there enough up north to do a few sailings out of
NY,NJ,Phila, or Baltimore. Can lines do a few trips away from their home port
enjoy the DIS podcast listen to it at work on Tues. morning. it's ok I'm the boss.:rotfl: :dance3: pirate:

Surely we have enough DISers in metro NY area to support DCL.:goodvibes

I'd like to see DCL come to the NJ port! PLEASE!

The other cruise lines, if anything, have reduced capacity in the Northeast. Baltimore had a good year a couple of years back with Celeb, Carnival, NCL and RCCL all having a try, but only RCCL is left departing from there, even though they have moved the cruise terminal to a somewhat better location.

NYC/NJ is also seeing some scaling down. NCL has pretty much abandoned the winter departures this year, and they've gone from 2 ships to one. And as cruise lines retire their older, smaller ships, fewer lines have vessels small enough to serve Bermuda well (Only 1 of the 3 ports can handle the standard ship sizes we see today)

Norfolk opened a new terminal, only to have it all but abandoned except for HAL.

Boston has always been a little lackluster in attracting ships.

What I'm saying is a few years back there was all kinds of promise for the Northeast ports, but it seems it hasn't panned out. Could Disney fill a ship in the northeast, probably. But it's expensive to reposition a ship and port charges are high up there. Disney will position their ships where they can make the most money. When the fleet is up to 4 they will have options, but Europe have been so successful for them it would be hard to choose a Northeast port over cruising "across the pond."

My guess is once they are up to 4 ships, winter will be 1 ship on the west coast and 3 from Florida (and I bet it will be 2 ships alternating 7 day eastern and western Caribbean, 1 ship doing the short 3 and 4 day) Disney has been a little adverse to Alsaka, so I would think the summer will be 2 in florida, 2 in europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter