DCL or parks first?

Candris79

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! Going on the Wish in June but can’t decide if I should go to the parks before or after the cruise. In old times, I’d definitely say to go to the parks before. But now that you have to get Covid tested at the port, does being in the parks make you more likely to test positive at the port?

…But, if I plan on doing the parks after the cruise, if we test positive at the port, the whole trip is blown. So maybe going first is better because you still at least definitely get to do the parks?

It’s a tough one!! Any advice is welcome.

Hey everyone! Going on the Wish in June but can’t decide if I should go to the parks before or after the cruise. In old times, I’d definitely say to go to the parks before. But now that you have to get Covid tested at the port, does being in the parks make you more likely to test positive at the port?

…But, if I plan on doing the parks after the cruise, if we test positive at the port, the whole trip is blown. So maybe going first is better because you still at least definitely get to do the parks?

It’s a tough one!! Any advice is welcome.

I would do after but not for any covid reasons. Getting off a cruise ship is always sad so it’s be nice that instead of just getting thrown back into reality to be going to the parks for a bit. Plus, I think if I went to parks first, I’d just be anxiously waiting to go on the cruise.

I know most people say to go the parks first, but we have always done the opposite. We fly in the evening before, stay at the Hyatt at the airport and take the Disney bus to the ship. Then we go to the parks after to work off all of the food and laziness of the ship. LOL It is so hard to leave the ship that it helps a bit to know that we still have our WDW vacation ahead of us. Plus, unless you can get a flight time that works out, getting to the airport at the right time is tricky when you get off of the cruise.

Thank you for the info! I’ve been going back and forth on which to do first (taking Covid out of the equation as well). I might switch my plans to go to WDW after.

I would do after but not for any covid reasons. Getting off a cruise ship is always sad so it’s be nice that instead of just getting thrown back into reality to be going to the parks for a bit. Plus, I think if I went to parks first, I’d just be anxiously waiting to go on the cruise.
We’ve never been on a cruise but love WDW so I’m sure we won’t want to leave WDW to get on the cruise! I am nervous we won’t like it as much as World and will want to get back there so maybe going on the cruise first will be better because we’ll have World to look forward to.

We’ve never been on a cruise but love WDW so I’m sure we won’t want to leave WDW to get on the cruise! I am nervous we won’t like it as much as World and will want to get back there so maybe going on the cruise first will be better because we’ll have World to look forward to.

You would be in the minority on not like the Disney cruise. It is so different then WDW, but is amazing in itself.

We have done similar adventures and always do the cruise at the end. Its always a more laid back end to a trip.
Due to the need for Co-Vid testing, I would do the cruise first.

I think I’m going to do the cruise first. I see today the cruise line just changed policy to final payment 60 days prior to sailing so they must think people are getting nervous with the new variant. I think the cruise first is smart especially if this one is more contagious, hate to get it at the parks beforehand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter