DCL Online Check-in Finalized Email - No mention of Testing at Port?

kabbie

DIS Veteran
I found it very odd that DCL's email doesn't mention the embarkation day testing...has it always not mentioned it?

Following! I leave in 3 weeks and my biggest fear is that positive test within eyesight of the ship. It’s so hard to get excited, as I have in the past, because I don’t want to be set up for a huge let down.

And when you click through that Know Before You Go link...

Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results—as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts—will be denied boarding.

That's the same email we got for our March 2022 cruise after online check-in docs were finalized.

But, we just got our Safe Passage stuff cleared as well and it says:
  • If your Pre-Sail status is "Clear To Arrive", your reservation party has been cleared for port arrival. Prior to boarding, you will be required to take a COVID-19 test, and complete a health questionnaire.
And, more recently, got the email about embarkation day testing.

Sorry, but we got ours for the 3/12/22 Fantasy sailing that had the whole deal - port testing, pre-testing for those non-vax, masks indoors - the whole deal.

Wow - I am intrigued. So your message from DCL.Reservations with subject Online Check-in Finalized actually says something about testing at the port?
Would you mind copying & pasting?

Wow - I am intrigued. So your message from DCL.Reservations with subject Online Check-in Finalized actually says something about testing at the port?
Would you mind copying & pasting?
It's pretty long. The beginning part was about completing online check in (which I've done) then there was the below:

Things to Know Before You Go​
We are resuming sailing in a gradual, phased approach that emphasizes multiple layers of health and safety measures considering guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other medical experts.​
Covid vaccination icon
COVID-19 Vaccination
Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on U.S. eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the CDC. This is a requirement for all Guests (U.S. and international) ages 5 and up. In order to sail, all vaccinated Guests (adults and children, regardless of age) must upload their proof of vaccination on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors. Inspire is Disney Cruise Line’s third-party partner for COVID-19 testing and vaccination verification.​
Covid pre-trip icon
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing
Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 4 and under must complete the testing requirements. The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen and antibody tests are not accepted. In order to sail, all Guests (adults and children) must upload their proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test results to the Safe Passage website. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors.​
Covid embarkation icon
Embarkation COVID-19 Testing
All Guests, regardless of age and vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line and administered by Inspire Diagnostics) at the terminal before boarding. This will be the second of two COVID-19 PCR tests required for unvaccinated Guests. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results–as well as those sharing the same stateroom and their close contacts-will be denied boarding.​
face coverings icon
Face Coverings
All Guests (ages 2 and up, including those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19) are required to wear face coverings indoors, except when in their staterooms, eating, or drinking (while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distance). Face coverings are not required for Guests outdoors while onboard and in designated locations at Disney Castaway Cay.​
health questionnaire icon
Complete the Health Questionnaire
All Guests are required to complete a health questionnaire online prior to arriving at the terminal. The form can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App on embarkation day.​
luggage icon
Arrival Time and Luggage
Guests will not be permitted at the terminal or in parking areas before their scheduled arrival time. Guests who arrive early will be asked to return at their scheduled arrival time, and Guests arriving after their scheduled time may be delayed and asked to wait behind those arriving at their scheduled time. We strongly encourage all luggage be checked in. All checked bags will undergo a sanitation process.​

I just checked my email from my 2/11/22 cruise, and it was exactly the same. We were required to test upon arrival.

My Online Check-In Finalized email for the 2/19/22 Fantasy sailing is identical to yours. It doesn't say anything about the port testing.

I think the main point of this email is to confirm that your DCL check-in has moved from Pending to Final. (They reviewed your passports and photos and you're all set.) They are relying on the Know Before You Go page to cover all the embarkation details including the at-port testing.

Last edited:
Testing at the port is such a huge issue for a lot of people, there is not a chance a change in this policy is going to be discretely rolled out through a small tweak in website wording or a routine email suddenly omitting the information. When it does happen, there will be very specific emails and communication around it, bolding it and making it very well known that there's a change in the policy effective X date. I don't think they'll make it a long runway between communication and effective date though. That'd just lead to "Well, my cruise is next week and you're not implementing this for 2 weeks, so why would I risk taking this cruise?".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter