• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Onboard Restricted Items Policy Updates: Decorations, Ducks and Ashes and More

I'll need clarity on the gaming system before we sail. My teens have a Nintendo Switch that they hook up to the TV at home. But when we travel, they use it as a handheld when we're in airports or hotel rooms.

So you can bring the ducks onboard, but can't hide them?🤔
I guess the thinking is that you can hand them out to people (just not hide them for others to find) or pixie dust them?

Or have a couple for a young child's bath... If ducks were banned outright, there'd be an uproar about toddlers' bath toys. The way it is worded makes it clear the ducks aren't banned but they don't want people hiding ducks.

I hope the duck policy is posted soon. I joined a cruise group on other social media for a future cruise; I posted a summary of that new policy, and the person running the duck thing said it was only prohibited in stores and pools, which seems like an older policy.

I don't play the duck game, but I would not want people to go through the trouble of bringing them and then not being able to hide them.

Whats with they Samsung 7 note prohibited? Im not familiar with it isnt it just a phone?
Have they been known to blow up/melt down?

I'm quite surprised it's still being included, it was a phone that was produced for a total of 2 months in 2016 before being discontinued and practically no one would be using anymore. It had a battery defect that made them spontaneously combust. At the time, a lot of airlines in particular completely banned them from being carried on board - indeed the one I work for made us make an announcement that the Note 7 was not permitted on board under any circumstances.

This might be a dumb question...

But are sports teams magnets not allowed on the door? Or are they more worried about direct business competitors? We are sports people and were thinking about putting a team magnet on the door for decoration and to have our door stand out in the long hallway.

But are sports teams magnets not allowed on the door? Or are they more worried about direct business competitors? We are sports people and were thinking about putting a team magnet on the door for decoration and to have our door stand out in the long hallway.
The whole thing is silly, and I doubt they will truly enforce it. But then again, maybe they will be ridiculous enough to tell someone who has 50 magnets from all their beloved family cruises on the door they need to take them down because 10 of them mention RCL or whoever....

I see it more as “so and so travel agency” or “so and so custom magnets” “so and so small business” “so and so blogger” where your trying to get business from people walking by

rather than an NFL team or even Royal cruises because its admiration vs advertising? Unless your door was sponsored by the team or something that appears as advertising/promotion I can’t see where it’d be a problem…

I find the urn one interesting- the ducks I personally find not near as annoying or wasteful than I find Fish extender

The whole thing is silly, and I doubt they will truly enforce it. But then again, maybe they will be ridiculous enough to tell someone who has 50 magnets from all their beloved family cruises on the door they need to take them down because 10 of them mention RCL or whoever....
My thought when reading it was more magnets promoting someone’s travel agency (saw several of those on my cruise) or magnets with the name of the Etsy shop that makes them, someone’s YouTube channel, etc. basically, doors that are actual ads for a business vs doors that are like “we went on this cruise” but don’t actually promote it.

So the Dyson does work on the Wish. I brought mine a few months back but my husband just bought me a shark and wanted to bring that in Feb

My thought when reading it was more magnets promoting someone’s travel agency (saw several of those on my cruise) or magnets with the name of the Etsy shop that makes them, someone’s YouTube channel, etc. basically, doors that are actual ads for a business vs doors that are like “we went on this cruise” but don’t actually promote it.
I vaguely remember getting random travel agent magnets on my door. I feel like this is what this is aimed at.

Wonder if the door decorations means no wall decorations. The others are so explicit, maybe not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter