• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL on tv

Doug McCoy

Mouseketeer
I know that many sitcoms in the 90s went to Disney World as a cross promotion but, I would like to know if there were similar episodes of
tv shows/sitcoms going cruises.

I know Disney Channel had a tween sitcom that took place on a cruise ship. Don't know if that's what you had in mind?

I think they're asking along the lines of the Modern Family episode at Disneyland or the Black-ish episode at WDW - ie. if there's an episode of a show that has been filmed/takes place specifically on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
You're probably right. Otherwise I'd add that they've done Top Chef-themed cruises on board Celebrity, and there was that time that Joey bought a yacht on Friends.

Jim Belushi was in a sitcom according to jim in the 200x, i remember the sitcom. Looked it up, google, it was on season 3 and was called "When You Wish to Be a Star" summary "Dana's first task at the ad agency is to cast the perfect TV family for a Disney cruise commercial. Cheryl and the kids get the job, but Dana's boss replaces Jim with a handsome actor in the role of "dad."

and there was that time that Joey bought a yacht on Friends.

Good one!! :rotfl2:(and a great episode)

As for the OP's question, it wasn't a sitcom, but the Food Network once filmed a show on either the Dream or the Fantasy. I don't remember which, but I recall them going to Remy so it had to be one of them. It was a few years ago and they showed some behind the scenes stuff as well.

Edited: Found it! It was the Dream. https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/f...dream-cruise-with-food-network#episode-tunein

Last edited:
I know that many sitcoms in the 90s went to Disney World as a cross promotion but, I would like to know if there were similar episodes of
tv shows/sitcoms going cruises.
I think I answered the question regarding if a sitcom went on a cruise, it was a 2 episode on the DCL.
Jim Belushi was in a sitcom according to jim in the 200x, i remember the sitcom. Looked it up, google, it was on season 3 and was called "When You Wish to Be a Star" summary "Dana's first task at the ad agency is to cast the perfect TV family for a Disney cruise commercial. Cheryl and the kids get the job, but Dana's boss replaces Jim with a handsome actor in the role of "dad."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter