DCL Motorcoach Vs Lyft?

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We booked both our cruise and WDW vacation packed through Costco. Apparently we have to call them directly to have them arrange bus tankers to and from port (?) It seems odd that Disney wouldn’t just give us the option to book answers on line, even after linking our reservations to the apps.

My question is, is taking Lyft instead realistic? The DCL motorcoach is $35 pp each way, so it’d be $140 for 4 of us. Each way. That’s $280 rt. Whereas a Lyft ride seems to be around $100 each way.

Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance.

We used Tiffany Car Service last week to take us from MCO to the port. I think it was about $150 with tip. It was great and stress free.

It seems odd that Disney wouldn’t just give us the option to book answers on line, even after linking our reservations to the apps.
The transfers become part of your DCL cruise reservation, it doesn't have a separate booking/reservation number. Since you booked through a TA, the TA must call to make any changes to your reservation including adding transfers.

By the way, I believe DCL transfers are $39 per person one way, so $156 for your party of 4. I just wanted you to have the correct figures for comparison to other options. A car service may be a less expensive option for your party, and many will include a stop along the way if you want.

It's possible that many Lyft/Uber drivers might not accept a ride between MCO & PC. It's roughly 45 miles (45 minute to an hour) each way. If they can't get a paid fare for the return trip, that's a lot of wasted time for a driver.

I was always skeptical about private transportation because I was worried if the private vehicle had a breakdown or traffic issues the ship would not wait whereas if it was DCL transportation they would wait if there was a delay.

We did private transporation for 3 of us that came out to about 150 each way with tip. I don't think I would get a Lyft/Uber, again as PPs have said, about that being a long trip for them. Also, we flew in the night before, so it took us to our hotel near the port. In the morning, we took the hotel shuttle to the port (<5 min).

It's possible that many Lyft/Uber drivers might not accept a ride between MCO & PC. It's roughly 45 miles (45 minute to an hour) each way. If they can't get a paid fare for the return trip, that's a lot of wasted time for a driver.
This.

You can schedule a Lyft in advance of you want to better guarantee a pick up,but for four right now due to covid they won't let someone sit in the front seat.

You can schedule a Lyft in advance of you want to better guarantee a pick up,but for four right now due to covid they won't let someone sit in the front seat.

Actually even scheduling a Lyft in advance isn't a guarantee.
(Friend drove a neighbor to the airport last month after their pre-scheduled Lyft was a no-show.)

We did private transporation for 3 of us that came out to about 150 each way with tip. I don't think I would get a Lyft/Uber, again as PPs have said, about that being a long trip for them. Also, we flew in the night before, so it took us to our hotel near the port. In the morning, we took the hotel shuttle to the port (<5 min).

Wait, you scheduled the DCL Motorcoach for the night before your sailing?

Twice I've scheduled car services to take us from port to airport after the cruise (once in Port Canaveral & once in Miami), and twice it's been a PITA. Because you can only estimate when you'll actually disembark, that's an efficiency issue right there. Plus, both times the services showed up later than the scheduled time. Much easier to take the DCL bus back to the airport. No worries about timing your departure to meet someone, and you'll be on your way to the airport 15 minutes or less from the time you exit the port terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter