DCL had priced this Canadian out:(

cruisesinflipflops

DCL addict
So disappointed with the huge price increase for March 2018. We are cruising on the Fantasy in March 2017 and I had hoped to do the same again in 2018. The price difference for the following year (same room, number of people etc) is staggering! March 2017 is approx $6800CAD booked opening day with OBB and March 2018 is $10K CAD. Being Canadian it is a double-whammy as DCL prices increased and the exchange rate is poor. I'm now being forced to look at other options for March 2018. I LOVE DCL, I'm a GOLD member but sadly may not reach Platinum:(

So disappointed with the huge price increase for March 2018. We are cruising on the Fantasy in March 2017 and I had hoped to do the same again in 2018. The price difference for the following year (same room, number of people etc) is staggering! March 2017 is approx $6800CAD booked opening day with OBB and March 2018 is $10K CAD. Being Canadian it is a double-whammy as DCL prices increased and the exchange rate is poor. I'm now being forced to look at other options for March 2018. I LOVE DCL, I'm a GOLD member but sadly may not reach Platinum:(
Another Canadian here that completely understands how you feel.....

I sadly agree (Canadian here to). We are cruising first week in March 2017 (not March break). Looking at same week in March 2018, price has gone up 17% - plus add exchange rate on top of that! I told hubby our Disney cruise days may be numbered as our DD gets older we won't want to pull her out of school and no way would I pay 10K for a one week cruise during school breaks. We are Gold as well.

Sorry to read that, but check out the new Carnival Vista, here's a link to my review of her http://www.disboards.com/threads/thoughts-on-the-new-carnival-vista.3521334/

Because we are able to sail in less-busy times, the prices from year to year have not changed as much for us.

However, it is still expensive and with the CAD $ right now even more so.

Our solution: cruise every 2 years instead of every year, and consider doing a B2B when we do.

Why ?

One set of airfare.
One set of pre- and post-cruise hotels.

Those two alone can add up to the same as the cruise fare since there are only two of us.

One cruise, or a B2B.

We did this for December 2015 (B@B on the Dream) and are planning our next cruise for December 2017 (want to do B2B on the fantasy, but it may end up just being a single Fantasy cruise).

While I would certainly prefer to cruise each year, we are hoping this works for us.

SW

Not Canadian, but understand how you feel. I've been looking and ready to book, but haven't found anything yet that is not a huge increase, where I can use my OBB credit.....even with the 10%, the total will be much higher than our last cruise

I feel your pain, even the cheapest cruise we are looking at around $2600 which will cost an extra $1000 with exchange, fingers crossed the dollar gets better.

Another Canadian feeling your pain......

Looking ahead to 2018 I'm waiting for the itineraries for the newest Carnival ship, Horizon, to be released for that summer..... (although we do have two Disney cruises booked for 2017 that we are still taking, despite the crummy $!)

I hear you... This is part of the reasons we have started trying other cruise lines (to our surprise we have enjoyed it more than we thought). With the current exchange rate, we cannot afford more than a 3 or 4 nights cruise with DCL and even those are becoming too expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter