DCL Email re: 4-night Fantasy?

kathi

DIS Veteran
I'm sailing on the 9/25 Fantasy (downgraded to a 4-night). Some folks in my cruise group have been getting their confirmation email with refund and other information such as CABIN NUMBER. Some cabins have been changed in location and some have been changed in CATEGORY (like going from a 4E to a 5A or from an inside to concierge - with a balance due). I have not gotten my email yet (will go through my TA). I wanted to see what others are experiencing and this is a great place to get input from a wider range of passengers.

I got mine from my travel agent, same cabin, correct prorated price.

Would you mind to post (or PM) what you originally paid and what your refund was? Or if you are uncomfortable, just what percent of your original total the refund was (20%, 30% etc.)? I haven’t gotten an email yet and I’m trying to estimate what the refund will be.

Would you mind to post (or PM) what you originally paid and what your refund was? Or if you are uncomfortable, just what percent of your original total the refund was (20%, 30% etc.)? I haven’t gotten an email yet and I’m trying to estimate what the refund will be.
Cruise fare portion was 4/7 of the original cruise fare. (excluding fees/taxes/vacation protection plan). Then taxes/fees/vpp got added back in at smaller amounts.

So refund was difference in taxes/fees/vpp and 3/7 of original cruise fare.

I think others in my facebook cruise group saw similar refunds.

Dare we hope this means they've made the decision to comply with the Bahamas' new order and just haven't released that news, yet?

Dare we hope this means they've made the decision to comply with the Bahamas' new order and just haven't released that news, yet?
I'm not making any assumptions with them - they are always late to provide information. Shame on them if they don't have something out by the end of the day, but my guess is we don't learn more about the Bahamas thing until Monday. Lately they seem to have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I'm not making any assumptions with them - they are always late to provide information. Shame on them if they don't have something out by the end of the day, but my guess is we don't learn more about the Bahamas thing until Monday. Lately they seem to have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time.
Sadly, you're right. Our seventeen year old son is sitting next to me saying, "Don't get your hopes up. I've been saying that since last summer."

I'm sailing on the 9/25 Fantasy (downgraded to a 4-night). Some folks in my cruise group have been getting their confirmation email with refund and other information such as CABIN NUMBER. Some cabins have been changed in location and some have been changed in CATEGORY (like going from a 4E to a 5A or from an inside to concierge - with a balance due). I have not gotten my email yet (will go through my TA). I wanted to see what others are experiencing and this is a great place to get input from a wider range of passengers.
We're on the 9/18 eastern in 9516. At booking, $2,009/person (2 ppl traveling). Email received yesterday new fare is $982/person, with taxes, port fees and gratuities adjusted accordingly. Only Disney Transportaion stayed the same. Since we have a cross country flight, we've decided to cancel and move the money to a new cruise later next year. We already have a Very Merry Time scheduled in November so we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter