DCL dropping vaccine requirements for adults - announced 9/27

ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
I thought I read that later this fall, DCL will be dropping the vaccine requirements for adults. I'm not seeing it anywhere in the "Know Before You Go" section.
What if the same people are within the 90 day recovered window?

I thought I read that later this fall, DCL will be dropping the vaccine requirements for adults. I'm not seeing it anywhere in the "Know Before You Go" section.
What if the same people are within the 90 day recovered window?
They have not changed the vaccine requirement for 12 and older. Kids 5-11 no longer need to be vaccinated. 90 day recovered policy applies to testing not vaccines.

If you dreamed it, I would love some input on lottery numbers.

I did get a notice today about vaccine requirements changing

The email said:

"
All of us at Disney Cruise Line look forward to welcoming you aboard soon. We are reaching out with important updates to the COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for your sailing.

Beginning October 14, 2022, for Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Wish sailings, Disney Cruise Line will no longer require Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, however, it is highly recommended. All Guests ages 5 years and older who are not fully vaccinated (Unvaccinated Guests) will need to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 1-2 days before the sail date. Guests ages 4 years of age and younger do not require testing. Acceptable vaccines and testing information can be found in the Know Before You Go section of our website."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-132446_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-132446_Outlook.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 7

"Beginning October 14, 2022, for Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Wish, and Disney Wonder sailings, and followed November 7, 2022 for Disney Magic sailings, Disney Cruise Line will no longer require Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, however, it is highly recommended. All Guests ages 5 years and older who are not fully vaccinated (Unvaccinated Guests) will need to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 1-2 days before the sail date. Guests ages 4 years of age and younger do not require testing."

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...n-unvaccinated-guests-still-required-to-test/

If you dreamed it, I would love some input on lottery numbers.

I did get a notice today about vaccine requirements changing

The email said:

"
All of us at Disney Cruise Line look forward to welcoming you aboard soon. We are reaching out with important updates to the COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements for your sailing.

Beginning October 14, 2022, for Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Wish sailings, Disney Cruise Line will no longer require Guests to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, however, it is highly recommended. All Guests ages 5 years and older who are not fully vaccinated (Unvaccinated Guests) will need to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 1-2 days before the sail date. Guests ages 4 years of age and younger do not require testing. Acceptable vaccines and testing information can be found in the Know Before You Go section of our website."
Lol. We do a weekly group lottery at work and my presence and all my dreaming & wishful thinking, hasn't improved our odds at all.
If we ever win, y'all will know it because I'll have booked the Wonder B2B for Vancouver>HI then HI > Sydney. pixiedust: :goodvibes:banana:

I'll just have to settle for being happy for the world being another step closer to normalcy, and being grateful for the 3 cruises we were able to sail at 40% capacity. :cloud9:

It’s very frustrating that these changes don’t happen effective immediately when they are released. I have spend the past two days freaking out about how I am going to get my unvaxed 1 year old tested for out sailing on Saturday (if it sails) on the Fantasy. We live in Orlando - our entire window to test is during a hurricane. Even Inspire Diagnostics, Disney’s provider, has cancelled all appointments due to the storm. CVS/Walgreens don’t test under 3 and all urgent care plan to close. If I am not able to sail on Saturday because I can’t get him tested and he would even need one in two weeks, I am going to be livid.

It’s very frustrating that these changes don’t happen effective immediately when they are released. I have spend the past two days freaking out about how I am going to get my unvaxed 1 year old tested for out sailing on Saturday (if it sails) on the Fantasy. We live in Orlando - our entire window to test is during a hurricane. Even Inspire Diagnostics, Disney’s provider, has cancelled all appointments due to the storm. CVS/Walgreens don’t test under 3 and all urgent care plan to close. If I am not able to sail on Saturday because I can’t get him tested and he would even need one in two weeks, I am going to be livid.
I PM'd you.

There is a delay in implementation of a protocol change to give people time to cancel if they aren’t comfortable with the new protocols. When the mask mandate ended on planes, I think it was in poor taste to announce the change during the flight. People that were expecting certain protocols were trapped on the plane and there was nothing they could do.

There is a delay in implementation of a protocol change to give people time to cancel if they aren’t comfortable with the new protocols. When the mask mandate ended on planes, I think it was in poor taste to announce the change during the flight. People that were expecting certain protocols were trapped on the plane and there was nothing they could do.
Totally agree. I get the attendants were probably overjoyed to not have the battle of wills with a handful of passengers after so long, but it could have been handled better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter