DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

It`s been ages since I was on a Disney Cruise ...
How does it work with the castaway club early window booking?
Would Disney release the itineraries in advance so we can have a look and than book according to our level? Or it will just appear on the website and everyone will start to book immediately they can (according to their level)?

I`m going crazy without my yearly WDW holiday being in the UK (and DLP is closed) that`s the next best thing :)

My DH’s letter just arrived on Saturday, but I’d to call to reschedule for him as he works away from home. I asked about an appointment for myself but I’m not on the system yet.

We’re in Aberdeenshire - north of the city itself. Whereabouts are you?

well at least your first letter come for your family

I am in West Lothian. I got the Oxford one. With all the news I was hoping it was the other one

I do feel like it is one step closer to a better life and holidays after having it

It`s been ages since I was on a Disney Cruise ...
How does it work with the castaway club early window booking?
Would Disney release the itineraries in advance so we can have a look and than book according to our level? Or it will just appear on the website and everyone will start to book immediately they can (according to their level)?

I`m going crazy without my yearly WDW holiday being in the UK (and DLP is closed) that`s the next best thing :)
Already reported elsewhere that there is no advance / early booking for Castaway Club members on the UK cruises - irrespective of level.

Already reported elsewhere that there is no advance / early booking for Castaway Club members on the UK cruises - irrespective of level.

Really? Where did you see this? I hope it’s not the case

Really? Where did you see this? I hope it’s not the case
I’ve also spotted a couple of people on Facebook say they called DCL and were told no early booking privileges (but not yet seen an official statement from Disney)... the booking windows are normally quite a few days apart aren’t they, e.g. something like 90 days, 105 days etc... so I can see why they wouldn’t do that with the cruises being on the near horizon anyway, but it’s a shame to not even give a day, or even an hour head start for loyalty!

Yeah it’s poor that the loyalty doesn’t get recognised. We haven’t been on a cruise for a few years but are gold and would have liked a head start.
What would the rationale be for not offering it I wonder??

Yeah it’s poor that the loyalty doesn’t get recognised. We haven’t been on a cruise for a few years but are gold and would have liked a head start.
What would the rationale be for not offering it I wonder??
I just called them and they said there is no confirmed info about early booking offered or not. There is still hope :)

well at least your first letter come for your family

I am in West Lothian. I got the Oxford one. With all the news I was hoping it was the other one

I do feel like it is one step closer to a better life and holidays after having it

I know, so looking forward to a glimpse of normality!

I’ve also spotted a couple of people on Facebook say they called DCL and were told no early booking privileges (but not yet seen an official statement from Disney)... the booking windows are normally quite a few days apart aren’t they, e.g. something like 90 days, 105 days etc... so I can see why they wouldn’t do that with the cruises being on the near horizon anyway, but it’s a shame to not even give a day, or even an hour head start for loyalty!

Booking windows for CC members are usually one day apart with Platinum being first of course.

I've never done this before, or looked for any information on cruises as it was just never an option, so why look?
But how does it work, where should you book? Is it just on the official website?

I do always read from people trying to book their dinners and things, and they all say it's so stressfull at times to get through and manage to get a booking.

Jokingly mentioned to my husband that these UK cruises are coming up and he actually fancies trying it! I’m stunned and I have no idea where to start!

I have so many question, please can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

I’ve never cruised before and do suffer with motion sickness so would the two night be a good place to start? Or if it takes a day or two to get used to should we do a longer cruise in order to get over the seasick stage?
Inside cabin (less rocking) or veranda (for fresh air)?
Would my almost 14 and 17 year old boys find things to do it or is it more for younger kids?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

There is a thoughts that cabins lower down the ship have less movement.... Deck 1,2 and there are plenty of over the counter medications to help with motion sickness... You'll often see people wearing a small patch behind thier ear on the ship which is a prescribed medication for motion sickness, Google this to find out more.

Yes there are times you feel the movement of the ship... But it's not like a cross channel ferry rocking from side to side, but if you're worried .. it's best to be prepared.

There are teens clubs on board, both your children would be in the same club as they both fall in the same age range for "vibe" club....

The 2 night cruise is short! But if you just want to try might work for you. You'll get on the ship in time for lunch on day 1. Have the whole day 2 to enjoy, then be off the ship after breakfast on day 3. Be prepared time will zoom by in the blink of an eye

Jokingly mentioned to my husband that these UK cruises are coming up and he actually fancies trying it! I’m stunned and I have no idea where to start!

I have so many question, please can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

I’ve never cruised before and do suffer with motion sickness so would the two night be a good place to start? Or if it takes a day or two to get used to should we do a longer cruise in order to get over the seasick stage?
Inside cabin (less rocking) or veranda (for fresh air)?
Would my almost 14 and 17 year old boys find things to do it or is it more for younger kids?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

I get seasick on small boats but fine on cruise ship. I'd vote for longest cruise you can make work in your schedule and buy over the counter meds just in case and start taking them the day prior to boarding. We typically book oceanview deck 2 midship as there is less motion.

I get seasick on small boats but fine on cruise ship. I'd vote for longest cruise you can make work in your schedule and buy over the counter meds just in case and start taking them the day prior to boarding. We typically book oceanview deck 2 midship as there is less motion.
Thanks so much for that :)

Any guesses to when these uk staycations will run until

we had twin girls arrive in the family last week but I no you would need to be at least 6 months old to go so might just miss it.

The ship is due to commence european itineraries in August so if these go ahead the UK voyages could run untill then....

Depending on travel restrictions these european cruises could of course still be cancelled...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter