DCL Discounted Cruise using Disney Visa

Rm4OneMore

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We're preparing to book our second cruise, sailing 3 nights in June 2024. On our first cruise, I purchased a ton of gift cards through Target, saving us 5%. What I'd like to know is, in the past, how often has DCL offered cruise discounts for Disney Visa (standard or premier) cardholders during the month of June and how much is the discount?

If DCL hasn't historically offered a discount for Disney Visa cardholders for June cruises then I'll use stick with Target & the 5% discount. Either way we end up saving money but the more we can save, the more we can spend on other cruise activities.

I'm typically a "bird in the hand..." person, but I thought I'd ask the DISboards brain trust as well as our travel agent. TIA!

I’ve had the Disney Visa since 2010. Disney only discounts cruises for FL residents, military and the last minute gty discounts to fill a ship. The perks we get are 6 month 0% financing, 10% over $50 discount in stores and non discounted photos, and 20% spa service on port days.

I’ve had the Disney Visa since 2010. Disney only discounts cruises for FL residents, military and the last minute gty discounts to fill a ship. The perks we get are 6 month 0% financing, 10% over $50 discount in stores and non discounted photos, and 20% spa service on port days.
And briefly, a Disney+ discount on 3rd and 4th passengers

I remember in 2014 they had an onboard credit if you called in and booked using a Disney Visa? At least that's what my confirmation email from back then said. I found it when I was looking for something else in my email.

They did have an OBC at one time, then it was a "beverage credit" before changing into the current onboard discounts.

I don't ever recall a discounted cruise fare for the Disney Visa. But you do get 6-month 0% financing on any payment >$100 from deposit through PIF. And if you pre-buy OBC, that also qualifies for the 0% financing; however onboard charges will not.

I remember in 2014 they had an onboard credit if you called in and booked using a Disney Visa? At least that's what my confirmation email from back then said. I found it when I was looking for something else in my email.
I miss that and was bummed when they took it away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter