DCL Christmas cards update ~

4nana

God Bless America, Land of the Free and Brave
Low and behold ~ ask and ye shall receive :)

I emailed 'Image Services' to ask a couple questions:

1- a photo waiver to get reprints of our formal pix as
we hope to be using them for our Christmas cards.
2- If we could get an appointment for our group photo.

I received a very nice reply from Chris Dolby, DCL Operations manager. She informed me it is in the works, to hopefully have approval by Dec., to sell Disney Christmas cards at the photo galley!! They possibly will be offering 12 different ones.:cool:
I thought I would pass this on and hopefully someone cruising around Dec. can check it out and let us know what is offered.
Also learned, yes, we can get an appt for group photos.:smooth: One more thing I don't have to worry about. ;)

A group photo... I would have thought that to be difficult... what a wonderful idea!

The latest news, here on the DIS. I'd even buy them almost a year out since we have a January cruise and save them until December. I hope they offer it throughout the year.

What a great idea!
Tina

Don't forget that you have another option. . . The company that does the photos offers a photo release so that you can reproduce the photos. You could do that, buy one copy of the photo on board, then scan it and use DotPhoto or another inexpensive service to turn your formal pics into a Christmas card--- not to mention enlargements, wallets, etc. The release gives explicit permission for reproduction of any prints purchased while on board.

I also emailed someone off the Image services page... they told me i couldn't get an appointment until we were onboard...

Do you have other information???

We have a group of 19 and an appointment sure would be nice...

Jodie

Originally posted by 4nana
Low and behold ~ ask and ye shall receive :)

I emailed 'Image Services' to ask a couple questions:

1- a photo waiver to get reprints of our formal pix as
we hope to be using them for our Christmas cards.
2- If we could get an appointment for our group photo.

I received a very nice reply from Chris Dolby, DCL Operations manager. She informed me it is in the works, to hopefully have approval by Dec., to sell Disney Christmas cards at the photo galley!! They possibly will be offering 12 different ones.:cool:
I thought I would pass this on and hopefully someone cruising around Dec. can check it out and let us know what is offered.
Also learned, yes, we can get an appt for group photos.:smooth: One more thing I don't have to worry about. ;)

jellymoon~
We copied waiver and that is definitely what we are considering;)

JODIELYN ~
That is correct. Upon boarding we are to contact Dave Johnson, a manager at Shutters, to arrange time and place for group photos. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter