DCL Chime to Ringtone???

Dizzyworld

DIS Veteran
I am having trouble downloading the DCL chime to use as a ringtone on an iPhone 5s. I got as far as downloading the chime to iTunes. Now I am stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

After downloading the tune into iTunes, did you hook your phone up to iTunes, then click the "sync" button on the ringtones section? I just downloaded the DCL horn on my iPhone 5 night before last! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hopefully what I said makes sense..I'm TERRIBLE at giving instructions. Which is exactly what made me decide against going into teaching.. :)

After downloading the tune into iTunes, did you hook your phone up to iTunes, then click the "sync" button on the ringtones section? I just downloaded the DCL horn on my iPhone 5 night before last! :)

I appreciate you trying to help me. I downloaded the tune to iTunes, it is also on my phone. Where do I find the "sync" button to use? On my phone or on my compter's iTunes section? Thank you.

If you already downloaded the ringtone to your phone. You should be able to change it directly from your iPhone.
Tap "Settings," "Sounds" and then "Ringtones" to set your new ringtone.

I appreciate you trying to help me. I downloaded the tune to iTunes, it is also on my phone. Where do I find the "sync" button to use? On my phone or on my compter's iTunes section? Thank you.

Oh, I didn't realize it was already on your phone! If you do as goeva said, it should work! :)

If you already downloaded the ringtone to your phone. You should be able to change it directly from your iPhone.
Tap "Settings," "Sounds" and then "Ringtones" to set your new ringtone.

I must be an idiot. I see "Settings" and "Sounds" but I don't see where I can add it to a ringtone. This is for an iPhone 5s if that matters.

Oh my goodness!!! Saw this thread & immediately had my husband hook me up!!! LOVE the sound of the DCL horns!

I must be an idiot. I see "Settings" and "Sounds" but I don't see where I can add it to a ringtone. This is for an iPhone 5s if that matters.

Do you see the songs you downloaded in Ringtone under Sounds?
If you don't, then you didn't sync the ringtone to your phone.

1. Download the ringtone you want to your computer. Here is the thread with DCL ringtones. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2901369
2. Open iTunes. Click File, then Add File to your Library.
3. Click on Tones. You'll see the ringtone you just added. Make sure Sync Tones is checked.
4. Sync your iPhone.
5. Go to your iPhone. Tap "Settings," "Sounds" and then "Ringtones" to set your new ringtone.
6. Done!

It looks so easy but there is no "Tones" on my iTunes tooldbar. Everything else in your picture is there except "Tones." :confused3 Where did that come from?

I have the chime saved to my iphone under:
Homescreen: "Music" under "Songs"

Thank you.

It looks so easy but there is no "Tones" on my iTunes tooldbar. Everything else in your picture is there except "Tones." :confused3 Where did that come from?

I have the chime saved to my iphone under:
Homescreen: "Music" under "Songs"

Thank you.

Then you didn't save it as ringtones. You saved as songs.
Make sure both your phone and iTunes are up to date and try again.

lol... stupid iPhones. On my android I put an mp3 file on there and set it as my ringtone... Done!

Sorry I know this is off topic but I just can't understand why iPhones are so culturally pervasive when they are user unfriendly charges you for stuff available for free on the internet and force their users to choose from what is available in their "walled garden".

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I am an idiot when it comes to things like this. I would love to have the DCL ringtone. where can I get it? I have an iPhone 5s. I looked at phone zoo but wasn't really thrilled with having to join and give out so much info for a ring tone. Any other ideas or thoughts ?

I am an idiot when it comes to things like this. I would love to have the DCL ringtone. where can I get it? I have an iPhone 5s. I looked at phone zoo but wasn't really thrilled with having to join and give out so much info for a ring tone. Any other ideas or thoughts ?

See post #12.
I posted the DCL ringtones thread link there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter