DCL carry-on alcohol policy changing Sept. 30 2015

Not DCL. Disney in general. I've seen these people called out (correctly) on other forums quite a while back. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, if I didn't know someone who had this kind of info first hand, I'd probly be laughing at the Big Brother goofiness myself. When I first became aware I was pretty shocked. Not trying to be any voice of absolution. Each person can believe what they will. I know this to be true. Others should at least consider it.

Ps. Don't ask my source. I'd be a fool to give specifics.
A corporation hiring a PR consulting company to monitor social media and come up with strategies to maintain a positive public image is not some sort of KBG-level spy vs. spy espionage. It's what large modern corporations do. I known mine does. Some of it is done via software-once the programming is done, a person just has to maintain it. Your computer and the PR program talk to each other. This is simply large, publicly-traded corporations utilizing constantly changing trends and technology.

A corporation hiring a PR consulting company to monitor social media and come up with strategies to maintain a positive public image is not some sort of KBG-level spy vs. spy espionage. It's what large modern corporations do. I known mine does. Some of it is done via software-once the programming is done, a person just has to maintain it. Your computer and the PR program talk to each other. This is simply large, publicly-traded corporations utilizing constantly changing trends and technology.
But, you are right. They might shoot you with a cell phone gun.

Ok now I *really* wish I could change! :thanks: I'll make sure to have some rum on that day in your name from home! Sadly we have nonrefundable airfare to Puerto Rico in January so it HAS to be those dates. Funny how one goes so quickly from happy they got a good deal (airfare has tripled for the flight back) to sad that they can't just cancel and be free to do whatever they want later!

:)

Well, have a wonderful cruise regardless. We're doing a Southern itinerary in Dec 2016 (with Royal) so I'm super-jealous of your Jan plans! And we adored what we saw of San Juan in 2014, and are so excited to be able to explore it a bit more before and after the cruise. In a million days. :)

When the teens have...uh....relations..segregatethe kids clubs?

And if segregating doesn't help for a percentage of the teens? ;)

I had read elsewhere that they have changed the water sold on board from Evian to Dasani or Aquafina or some such garbage.

Holy moly that would be BAD (for us). A pox on Dasani and Aquafina! (I imagine it would be Dasani since Disney seems to contract with them)

I don't think anyone from DCL actually reads these threads.

Oh of course they do.

We've sailed on DCL, RCCL, CCL, HAL and NCL and I am pretty sure DCL is the only one that allowed you to bring your own alcohol onboard.

If you mean liquor, I think you're right, and likely beer, too. But wine...I think those allow a certain amount on.

I was thinking about the cutoff date for the alcohol policy implementation September 30th. I was wondering why not enact the policy effective immediately?there are many PIF cruisers in both groups, some sailing 10/1. And then I realize, September 30th marks the end of a quarter for business reporting. They can start a brand new quarter, and compare alcohol sales without an overlap, thus, probably why they will not grandfather any of us in who sail after September 30th. Just a thought....

Nice notice! (just like my brother noticed that Lucas sold SW to Disney the day before a CA tax went into effect...if Lucas had waited to the following day he would have brought home only 4bil instead of the 9bil he got from the sale...some people notice these things and you're one of them!)

I have no doubt Disney operates this way. Then they have their compensated shills. May not be salaried but they get....perks. These are the ones that don't set well with me. In my writing I'm always up front & honest. I never let comped things buy my voice. I have such disrespect for those who can be purchased for a price. These people are about, too.

I also personally know 2 people who were contacted by DCL prior to sailing to do an interview questionnaire onboard. These people had appointments scheduled, spent about an hour participating, and were compensated with OBC or Disney gift card. Can't remember which just now.

So again, do I think Disney would have people on forums reporting back, posting, etc.? Yep. I sure do.

I also personally know 2 people who were contacted by DCL prior to sailing to do an interview questionnaire onboard. These people had appointments scheduled, spent about an hour participating, and were compensated with OBC or Disney gift card. Can't remember which just now.

I've done that. We were asked on our Fantasy cruise years ago to test out the yet to be released Disney Cruise Line app for use on the ship. They contacted us out of the blue and had us meet them prior to getting on the ship to fill out the paperwork, then had us meet them again several times over the course of the cruise to give feedback on using it (at the time it was basically just the navigator part & map). It was really fun, they were very sweet, and they gave us a nice OBC for our time - I'd do that in a heartbeat but then they wanted REAL opinions and I let fly with everything we liked and didn't like so what wasn't to like? ;)

I have no doubt Disney operates this way. Then they have their compensated shills. May not be salaried but they get....perks. These are the ones that don't set well with me. In my writing I'm always up front & honest. I never let comped things buy my voice. I have such disrespect for those who can be purchased for a price. These people are about, too.

So again, do I think Disney would have people on forums reporting back, posting, etc.? Yep. I sure do.

You just reminded me how I will never buy any product on Amazon that is full of those five-star "I was given this product in exchange for a fair and unbiased review" reviews.

That's what I loved about nursing. If the dude is dead, the dude is dead. I don't have to put a prom dress on it.

You just reminded me how I will never buy any product on Amazon that is full of those five-star "I was given this product in exchange for a fair and unbiased review" reviews.

Though I recently saw a few of those for books and they did NOT like the books. So sometimes people are honest.

I'd love it if Disney would pay me somehow for my unbiased reviews. They'd get unbiased reviews, that's for sure!

Though I recently saw a few of those for books and they did NOT like the books. So sometimes people are honest.

I'd love it if Disney would pay me somehow for my unbiased reviews. They'd get unbiased reviews, that's for sure!

I believe you, but I'm not exaggerating when I say I have NEVER seen anything but a five-star review associated with that 'fair and unbiased review' disclaimer. Usually it's on imported products. The most recent thing I saw it on, about two days ago, was a teeth-whitening product that wasn't your typical Scope/Crest branded thing. They load them with so many fake/paid reviews that the products come up on the top of searches, too.

For a while Amazon was suing the companies posting the fake reviews (sans disclaimers); I guess this new disclaimer text is the next step.

So you think DCL trying to keep its costs down, and increase profits, pays a person to read all of these threads here. No.

Sometimes these boards get ahead of themselves on the tiny influence they have.

They have a full time job answering, ( and deleting their facebook page ) and answering, contact us and emails.

They do not have time to read these boards.

Of course they don't hire people to just sit and read all the threads on message boards. They don't have to. Their PR department (or an outside consulting company that they hire) uses software to scan the internet for key words and phrases. When they hit on something they want to know more about, then they go to the site and read it. And you had better believe that sites like this one and other big Disney message boards are definitely on their radar. They would be stupid not to be keeping an eye on them. Some companies have to pay a a whole lot more money to do market research. Disney has these message boards doing a great deal of that research for them, for free. They just need to sit back and collect the data.

got my call back from karl holtz office……can i claim he's my friend now??? (some people will get that). anyways, they had looked up my information because all i had put was my name down, no phone number or reservation number. he knew my dcl history and my upcoming history. it was a general conversation really. he asked me about what i had wrote and what made me feel the way i do. why had i booked with rcl, what would bring me back. i told him i wanted to talk with what mattered, which is my wallet. i asked why wine and beer but no alcohol. got the standard answer, its lots of factors, not just one. he did say alcohol content percentage was part of the factor. i also asked about the take away of the mickey mail. he actually gave a pretty good answer in that it was never advertised, just done as a curtsey and was never meant to be part of the cruise offerings. it just grew but has been getting out of hand. if you take 1000 rooms and figure how many autographs are needed it was getting logistically unmanageable. he did mention that they were increasing the hours for the meet and greets which should help. we talked about all the changes. it was hard because none of them really effect me in any way. i did say that while they don't affect me, do i wait till they take something that does before i leave or do i leave now. he said he didn't have an answer for that. he asked what i felt could improve dcl. i said that they were taking so much away, just give something back, something small just to show they are listening.
oh, and i mentioned the industry standard comment. he said that was taken out of context, that it was not meant in the way it was perceived. he talked about what they meant and i have to say, it sounded right when he explained it.

it was a good chat and you would think i would have been prepared as several people also got calls. i wasn't. the guy was very nice and just wanted me to know that customer service is taken seriously.

I still need to call back, I guess I will when I get home tonight at 8pm. Just don't want to get mad at work. I loathe the long hours, but soon, soon, no more 12 hour days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter