DCL bus transfers digital letter at WDW resort

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
Hi I'm staying at Disney's all star music resort and I've booked a Disney cruise bus transfers with my Disney cruise booking from Disney's All star music resort to Port Canaveral and I asked Disney cruise how will I find out about the pick up times from Disney's all star music resort to Port Canaveral they said I'll get a letter delivered via email or in the room.

If I don't receive the letter would the front desk at Disney's All star music resort have the letter?

You need to go to bell services normally. The front desk had no idea what I was talking about at Coronado when I said DCL pick up.

I asked at AKL a month ago and they said I'd receive an e-mail 1-2 days before the cruise near end of day. We got it two days before and it had all of the instructions about when and where to meet but they also said to check with the front desk the day before if we didn't receive it and they'd be able to give us a hard copy.

I asked at AKL a month ago and they said I'd receive an e-mail 1-2 days before the cruise near end of day. We got it two days before and it had all of the instructions about when and where to meet but they also said to check with the front desk the day before if we didn't receive it and they'd be able to give us a hard copy.
You need to go to bell services normally. The front desk had no idea what I was talking about at Coronado when I said DCL pick up.
Which desk would be best to go to for paper copy of the instructions for the DCL transfer the front desk or the bell service desk

I've taken many cruises and had many pickups. There have been no problems with pickup letters or assistance at any resort in which I've stayed. You have no worries. They'll pick up your luggage from your room around 8:00 - 8:30am, there will be DCL employees in the lobby at some point and you'll be well taken care of.

I've taken many cruises and had many pickups. There have been no problems with pickup letters or assistance at any resort in which I've stayed. You have no worries. They'll pick up your luggage from your room around 8:00 - 8:30am, there will be DCL employees in the lobby at some point and you'll be well taken care of.
Thank you very much for your help

When they pick up the luggage- do we next see it in our stateroom? Or do we need to retrieve it along the way?

Which desk would be best to go to for paper copy of the instructions for the DCL transfer the front desk or the bell service desk
Front desk.

When they pick up the luggage- do we next see it in our stateroom? Or do we need to retrieve it along the way?
It's left outside your stateroom.

They'll pick up your luggage from your room around 8:00 - 8:30am
The letter will tell you when they pick up. It used to be 8 am but our last cruise it was 7 am and I'm told that's more common now. You don't need to be in your room for the pickup.

I’m debating booking the bus even though I’m not sure it’s cost or time effective for my family of 4. Are they still themed, with the little cartoons and quizzes? My kiddos miss the Magic Express, so might be worth it for the nostalgia.

We had a terrible experience discovering the arrangements for luggage pickup while staying at Saratoga Springs prior to a Fantasy cruise in January. We had booked DCL bus transfers to PC, and had confirmed our pickup location when we did online checkin. Although we received the email from DCL regarding bus pickup time, neither the Front Desk nor Bell Services had our names on their list of bus passengers. Bell Services would not pick up our luggage without an authorization from the Front Desk. The Front Desk Manager on duty would not do anything to help, telling me it was my problem and I needed to call the cruise line. The cruise line told me to contact the DCL representative in the lobby in the morning. In the end, I had to wait until the DCL representative was available in the resort lobby. She confirmed that we were on the DCL list and could not understand why the Front Desk didn’t have the information. Since luggage was already being picked up and we were not on the list, I had to return to our room with a bell services cast member driving a golf cart to get our luggage, then we brought it to the bus rather than it being sent to the port via truck.

Although we received the email from DCL regarding bus pickup time, neither the Front Desk nor Bell Services had our names on their list of bus passengers
I had this issue when staying at the MCO Hyatt so I called the number for booking DCL transfers and they were able to confirm that there was an issue on their end which they fixed a couple of hours later and assured me that we were on the list. If anyone ever has an issue that the Front Desk can't confirm, calling that number is your best bet.

Yes front desk will have that information about DCL letter you should get an email 1 or 2 days before if you booked with travel agent just make sure your email is on file.

The WDW live chat and WDW customer services on phone won't have that information but however you can collect the letter at the front desk. It might be worth adding a note to you WDW reservation that you are getting the DCL bus transfer to Port Canaveral

I had this issue when staying at the MCO Hyatt so I called the number for booking DCL transfers and they were able to confirm that there was an issue on their end which they fixed a couple of hours later and assured me that we were on the list. If anyone ever has an issue that the Front Desk can't confirm, calling that number is your best bet.
Hello, do you recall what number you called? Was it the (800) 951-3532 or another? I am just trying to be prepared in case we have any issues. Thank you!!!

I received an email 2 days before our transfer. I will say the transfer on the way there was underwhelming, the driver didn't put on the TVs.

Hello, do you recall what number you called? Was it the (800) 951-3532 or another? I am just trying to be prepared in case we have any issues. Thank you!!!
Yes that's the number press option for transfers and hotel additionally you can also use the Skype app and call the Disney cruise line on the UK number for free on the Skype app on 0800 171 2317 which the office opens 5 hours early because of the GMT time zone. I also recommend in speaking to Disney cruise line representative that morning if there's a glitch with their system

@holula this might be a struggle at front desk to explain as the people in the chat on WDW website didn't have a clue when I mentioned DCL Transportation about bell service they said not sure if they transport from WDW to the cruise here's a screenshot of the script on WDW live chat

Screenshot_20240307_022214.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter