DCA Closing early Wednesday 11/16/22

bluecruiser

DIS Veteran
After showing an early close at DCA on 11/12 (and then correcting the closing time to 10pm two days later), the calendar now shows DCA hours on 11/16 as 8am to 5pm. It appears this is correct since it shows hopper hours (as well as Festival of Holidays) ending at 5pm (unlike the earlier changes on 11/12).

Does anyone know what's going on at DCA to cause the early close on 11/16 ?

Could they possibly be considering another ticketed Xmas party and either they're starting to set up the calendar for early closures or someone 'jumped the gun' on it.

Carthay Circle has always shown as closed on the 16th when I was making dining reservations. Makes sense now that the park is closing early.

Shoot! That’s our first day and we reserved DCA. We won’t be landing til 12 or so.

Oh no! That is the day I am going to be at DL/DCA. Apparently I picked wrong when I planned my trip. Ugh.

DL will likely be super busy, right? Because people will head there?

Ugh

Oh well. It’s just me so going to just take it in stride. These are my must do’s there. I will have genie+. What are the chances I can do in the few hours it’s open (I will be park hopping from DL). I do wish they would lighten the hopper rule when they close one park early!

Guardians (maybe)*
Cars version of test track
Spider-Man web slingers
Soarin*
Toy story*

Last edited:
After showing an early close at DCA on 11/12 (and then correcting the closing time to 10pm two days later), the calendar now shows DCA hours on 11/16 as 8am to 5pm. It appears this is correct since it shows hopper hours (as well as Festival of Holidays) ending at 5pm (unlike the earlier changes on 11/12).

Does anyone know what's going on at DCA to cause the early close on 11/16 ?
I’m going to guess that’s the night they are doing the annual cast member service award party.

I’m going to guess that’s the night they are doing the annual cast member service award party.
Yeah either that or one of the local radio stations rented out DCA for the evening which happens a couple of times a year usually too.

Yeah either that or one of the local radio stations rented out DCA for the evening which happens a couple of times a year usually too.
Usually the parks close a little later with the corporate buy outs. The service award is the only time I see the parks close before 6pm since they usually have a bunch of stuff that has to be setup before the guests enter.

Does anyone know how a 5:00 DCA closure may affect a holiday tour starting at 4:20? We meet in DL and it's supposed to be 2.5 hours covering both parks. I just just checked and they're still allowing this booking. Seems strange. Any chance we get in DCA with no other regular guests and if so, is that even good?

I thought the holiday tour was just in DL?
The description of the tour says:
"Celebrate this joyous season with a look at how we make the magic shine so bright at both parks of the Disneyland Resort."

But there's nothing specific about DCA anywhere on the tour page.

Currently tour times for 11/16 include 1:20pm, 1:30pm, 4:20pm, and 4:30pm. So the later times give them 30 or 40 minutes for DCA and about 2 hours at DL.

Looks like the holiday tour is only at Disneyland. From the Disney Parks blog today:

"Returning this year is Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort Tour, where this specially guided journey of Disneyland park tells stories of Walt Disney and gives unique facts of how Disneyland celebrates the season, followed by guests setting sail on “it’s a small world” Holiday. The 2.5 hour walking tour ends on Main Street, U.S.A., with a reserved viewing area of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade where guests receive delicious holiday treats and a commemorative pin.

Looks like the holiday tour is only at Disneyland. From the Disney Parks blog today:

"Returning this year is Holiday Time at the Disneyland Resort Tour, where this specially guided journey of Disneyland park tells stories of Walt Disney and gives unique facts of how Disneyland celebrates the season, followed by guests setting sail on “it’s a small world” Holiday. The 2.5 hour walking tour ends on Main Street, U.S.A., with a reserved viewing area of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade where guests receive delicious holiday treats and a commemorative pin.
On the official site it says the following. I would be pretty upset if they only did DL after reading this description.

Discover the Merriest Place on Earth​

Gather ‘round for a festive tour of both parks for a close-up look at our dazzling seasonal transformation.
Your guide for this 2.5-hour walking tour will share favorite Disneyland holiday traditions from around the world. You’ll also enjoy reserved viewing for A Christmas Fantasy Parade, delicious holiday treats, a wonderful wintry ride on “it’s a small world” Holiday and more.

Thanks for posting this info. Good to know and we'll consider if/how it affects our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter