Daytona 500 Traffic?

surfer_ed

Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it
Is traffic likely to be an issue Saturday morning as we make our way from WDW to port? It is Daytona 500 weekend.

You should not have to go thru Daytona, traffic south of Daytona is not effected on Saturday
But if you do, Saturday is not to bad, depending on the time, if it's before noon you should be ok. Now Sunday will be a different story. That's when the 500 takes place.

Unless you are driving south through FL to the port, you won't be near it. Daytona is about an hours drive north of the Port.
And while traffic will be heavier than normal on Sat, Sunday will be the worst day.

actually it's 70 miles and Saturday traffic is no different than any other day except in front of the speedway

Ok thanks was worried about the trip to the coast before it branches off to Daytona. My mother is already there and said rental cars etc at MCO are very busy.

I agree with the others, no impact.

Any one that will be attended the race and staying in the Orlando area will most likely take I-4 to get to Daytona.

actually it's 70 miles and Saturday traffic is no different than any other day except in front of the speedway

well since you invite the picking of nits

70 miles reflects the approx distance from the speedway to wdw

my reply is based on driving from WDW to PC using the most common route, SR-528 aka 'the Beachline Expressway'

the track is just off 95 at exit 261 and the Beachline crosses 95 at exit 205 so by mile markers the closest one gets to the speedway is 56 miles

however drawing an arc from the center of the speedway to the closest place it meets the Beachline (planned route), what sailors call CPA, I see 50.4 miles .... in round numbers

{this happens because 528 dips south at the 407 split about 15 miles west of the port and west of I-95 making the 'cpa' happen in the swamp area ...}

so "you won't be within 50 miles of the speedway" ... meaning at any point in the drive

once a navigator, always a navigator; not to mention a math major married to a CPA .... numbers are spoken here!

well since you invite the picking of nits

70 miles reflects the approx distance from the speedway to wdw

my reply is based on driving from WDW to PC using the most common route, SR-528 aka 'the Beachline Expressway'

the track is just off 95 at exit 261 and the Beachline crosses 95 at exit 205 so by mile markers the closest one gets to the speedway is 56 miles

however drawing an arc from the center of the speedway to the closest place it meets the Beachline (planned route), what sailors call CPA, I see 50.4 miles .... in round numbers

{this happens because 528 dips south at the 407 split about 15 miles west of the port and west of I-95 making the 'cpa' happen in the swamp area ...}

so "you won't be within 50 miles of the speedway" ... meaning at any point in the drive

once a navigator, always a navigator; not to mention a math major married to a CPA .... numbers are spoken here!
Thanks for this info, as a nit picker and a former accountant, I'm always looking for people straighten me out with what they think is misinformation, which happens alot on this site. Actually we are both wrong, but I'm really wrong with 70 miles. But unless they are a sailor on land it's actually the 56 miles. Not being a sailor, I'll go with your 56 miles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter