Days Suites Maingate East

cajunpie

Earning My Ears
Leaving for WDW in 19 days!! I'm soooooo excited !! We have reservations at the above hotel ... has anyone been there recently? Comments? How's the weather in September? Crowds? Thanks for any comments.

Stayed there last Oct.for kind of family reunion.It is okay for a very cheap hotel.They are doing alot of remodeling. You have to rent all dishes. pans. toaster etc.This was very irritating to me.Did not have a oven,only stovetop.Knocked out our plans of cooking frozen pizza one night.Pools are okay and it is fairly close to DW.It is next door to OldTown which the kids got a kick out of.Like staying at a plain hotel no frills.:jester:

We had ressies there several years ago and after looking at 4 rooms that were filthy and totally worn out we left and went to the Holiday Inn Maingate East nearby. The HIMGE was nice and we enjoyed our stay. There have been loads of posts about this hotel and it doesn't sound like it has changed much since I saw it several years ago. On our last visit we stayed at the Courtyard in DD and loved it.:bounce:

We've not stayed there but if you do a search on these boards you will find lots of comments, mostly negative. Mary's site (www.mousesavers.com) has also received negative comments about all of the area Day's Inns.

Also, a news show (48 hours?) did a segment on a Day's Inn in Orlando (not sure which one), which had crime problems and videotaped the security officers sleeping in their cars. I would suggest doing some more research on this hotel.

I was researching that hotel last year for a trip and decided against it. I read way to many bad things about it. It's not too late to find something else. Why did you choose that hotel? Is there something in particular that they offer that appeals to you? Maybe we could help you find something else with the amenities that interest you. I have found that the people in this forum can be very helpful.

I stayed at this hotel in 1999 and was satisfied with the accomodations then. I needed a place with 3 separate beds and a fridge for a reasonable price. I booked this hotel for $49.95 per nite and could find nothing else to beat it. You're right, I've also seen some negative comments regarding this hotel but there were some good ones also. I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually stayed there recently but I probably will not change my reservations mostly because of price. We won't be in the room much anyway - just need a place to rest our heads. I appreciate all the responses I have gotten - THANKS!! WE LEAVE IN NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We stayed there in Sept last year. Did not like it at all. Rooms were dirty and there was a lot of noise. I would not reccommend it.

As to crowds, there were none. It was great! We waited maybe ten minutes tops for rides.

Weather was absolutely beautiful!! I don't know if that is typical, but I am sincerely hoping our weather is the same this year! Have fun!

I have not stayed at any Day's Inn in Orlando, but all the negative comments I've read would disuade me from staying there. If budget is a concern, then maybe you should check out Priceline? You can stay at an upscale hotel for the price of an economy property. It panned out for me last year when I got the Wyndham Resort near Universal for $40 a night (including bonus money). It was a WONDERFUL resort, a good value even at $99 a night. My husband thought I was a genius! Seriously, I will always use Priceline before I book at an economy property. Check out this site: http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding As long as you are not particular about what hotel property you stay at (just the area), it can really be a good deal.

If you do decide to move-we stayed at Hampton Inn Maingate
West on a rate from this board. I know they had specials in AAA book too. It was clean, comfy-fridge & micro. Clean. Fantastic continental breakfast. This was Aug 2000.

AAA is also offering B1G1 at participating LaQuintas thru year end. There is a special toll-free # to call. The participating properties had not been loaded into their computer when I called Sat pm.

Cajunpie - if you decide to go ahead and stay at Days Suites, I would appreciate it if you could let me know your opinion of it. We are going in early October and Days Suites has been on my short list for months. We're staying at ASMu for 3 nights, and I think after 3 nights in one of those sardine cans, we'll need a place where we can spread out. And the Days Suites are the only suites I can find that are cheap enough. I keep changing my mind about making ressies there because of the bad reviews. Please let me know what you think.

Musky:wave:

Cajunpie- My family stayed at the DaysInn MaingateEast the past 2years.Our last stay was June of 2001. We have never had any of the problems that is often mentioned of this hotel. We have already rebooked it for our 3rd trip in May 2002. Our rooms were always clean and we liked the conveniency of being close to Disney and OldTown. If you are indeed staying here my advice is to request staying in the newer refurbished section as we did last year. We had a great poolside room on the 1st floor and had no complaints! Good luck and have a great trip!

We just got back from our trip and wanted to let everyone know about this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Days Suites Maingate East. The rooms were clean and we always had more than enough towels. We also liked the convenience of Old Town next door and the fact that we were at the parks within minutes. We each had a bed so we could really relax when in the room and the fridge, stove top and microwave came in handy also. When we do go back to WDW, we will definitely book at this hotel. You cannot beat the price, the roominess of the suite and the convenience of not being far from anything. Just my opinion.
:jester: :D :bounce:

Cajunpie:

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you liked the place after hearing so many bad reviews.

So glad you enjoyed your trip. Glad that the hotel worked out. Did you stay in a refurb room?
They certainly were roomy.Are the new rooms that way too?:jester:

4disneyfans,

Don't know if this was a refurb room or not. All I requested was that the room not be right next to Old Town and that I wanted to be upstairs. I was told that the hotel did a complete refurb in 1999. This room was very roomy and had a railed balcony off the bedroom which was nice. I would certainly recommend this room for someone who wants a lot of space for not a lot of money.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter