Day Two - IOA & Margaritaville (again)

PurpleChick

Earning My Ears
Cast of characters
Me - 34 year old workaholic in desparate need of a vacation
DH - 37 year old kid at heart who does not like to be on a set schedule during vacation

Our Trip
We booked five nights at the Hard Rock Hotel (June 16-June 21)
Did not rent a car - used transtar and hotel shuttle
Purchased the four park flex ticket (USF, IOA, SeaWorld and Wet & Wild)
Chose five nights beacuse we wanted plenty of time to relax although you can see parks much faster with the express access

Day Two - IOA & Margaritaville (again)

We got to IOA around 9:00 am. The first thing that we noticed was the incredible theme throughout Marvel Super Hero Island. The rest of the park did not let us down. In terms of themeing this has was the best park I have ever seen. We took almost two rolls of film in IOA alone. A lot of fun places to take pictures. Our first ride was the HULK. What a ride. I was not ready for the take off at all. Next it was on to Spiderman. Remembered our 3-D glasses this time. DH was having contact problems so he did not get the full effect. Yes I ducked evertime something came at me!

We then headed into Jurassic Park to the Discovery Center and Triceratops encounter. We found these two to be kind of lame. I'm sure kids would enjoy them more. We did want to borrow a kid to go on the Pteranodon Flyers but no such luck!

Next we made our way to the dueling dragons. For the express you go up the exit. We got completely lost and ended up right back where we stared. Tried again and found the entry. We rode Ice. I loved it but DH would not go back on Fire. I also got a hair wrap in the Lost Continent. I asked the young girl who was doing it, how I would it get it out when I had to go back to work the following week. She had a hard time understanding why I would have to take it out to go to work (I am an assistant vice president at a bank.) What I wouldn't give to be young again!! She did show me how to bobby pin it under my hair since I have should length hair so maybe I will try and leave it in for the summer. While I was having this done DH found the fountain by the entrance to Sinbad. It kept him entertained for quite awhile.

Next on to Seuss Landing. I loved this land. The colors were amazing. We had to have the green eggs ham sandwich. It actually wasn't bad. Then we rode the cat in the hat and loved it. I found some cute socks and a bib for our niece and had it sent to the room. What a nice feature.

Since we were at the front of the park again we decided it was now time for the water rides. We rode ripshaw falls and plutos barge. We were airborn on ripshaw falls. The people in front definetly got wetter than us. We both had light weight clothes on and no trouble drying off after these rides. By this time the park started to get real crowed and it was getting very hot. We decided we were done with the rides for the day and went to Confisco's for a drink. I had the Confisco Creation. Great drink, to get more for your money ask for a double. Note: the parks are very strict about the one drink at a time per customer. They have to see the person you are buying the drink for in order to give you two drinks.

We left IOA at around two o'clock. With the express access this gave us more than enough to get a full days worth of rides in. We took the boat back to HRH from citywalk. After the first time we took the boat, everytime we saw it a Citywalk we took it back. DH said we had to conserve our energy. The boat was fun and the drop off point was very close to our room. We had planned to spend the afternoon at the pool but it was closed due to chemical problems, They were busing people over to Portofino's but we had to be back at Citywalk by 6:00 to meet my girlfriend and her family for dinner, so we hung out at the pool bar for awhile then got ready for dinner.

My girlfiend and her family happened to book a trip to Disney the same time as us although neither of us knew that the other was even planning on going to Orlando. They originally decided to stay off Disney property at Caribe Royale because they thought a suite would be better for traveling with a 1 1/2 year old and 6 year old. They spent one night there and checked into the Yacht Club on Disney property for the rest of their trip. They said the Caribe was really nice on the outside but not so on the inside.

They had heard great things about Margaritaville from another couple and were already planning on going there so we met up with them for dinner. I had stopped in earlier to ask about reservations since it was Sunday night. They do not take them but suggested the best time for me to come would be around six and with the PS the wait shouldn't be that long. We arrived first and put our name in. They had just gotten new palm pilot. A message appears on the screen when your table is ready. While your waiting there is all type of info about Citywalk on the palm pilot. Dinner was great. My girlfiend said it was the highlite of her trip. This appeals to people of any age. The kids had a ball with the balloon guy on stilts and the erupting volcanoe. Our bill was only $121 for the six of us, which I thought was reasonable. We had two appetizers wings and a smoked fish dip. DH and I both had the surf & turf. The surf & turf was steak and grilled shrimp but since DH only likes breaded shrimp they let him have the coconut shrimp with it. I did not get to try the coconut shrimp because he said it was too good to share. My girlfiend had the fahitas and her DH had Mahi Mahi. For all that plus two kids meals and beer, I thought that was the best food value we got the whole trip.

After dinner we took our friends back on the boat to show off the HRH. They asked if we brought the cd player from home. Our friends really liked HRH and Citywalk and thought we made a good choice. We walked them back to Citywalk. It was time for their kids to go to bed but we made plans to go to Sea World with them the next day. DH and I headed to Pat O'Briens. It was a little past nine but there was no one at the door collecting a cover, so we didn't get a chance to see if our flex tickets actually worked for cover charges or not. We went to the dueling piano bar. There was only about fifeteen people in there but it was a fun crowd. I had the hurricane and let me tell you one is all you need. I couldn't drink anything more if my life depended on it. I wish I could tell more about Pat O'Briens but I wouldn't be able to get it past the moderators!! We got to keep our glasses (one more thing to lug home on the plane!)

Up next: Day Three Sea World

Sounds like the Universal Express (I like your description of it as rock star treatment) is the only way to go. We used fast passes when and where possible at Disney. It sounds like Universal's front of the line access is even better for people staying on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter