• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day trip to the beach

princessmeee

Earning My Ears
Hi! :) We are getting ready to leave in less than a week for our trip and will be at Walt Disney World for 10 days. It is our first family trip to WDW together so we are super duper excited! I was thinking about planning a trip to the beach. Has anyone done this and if so, can you recommend a round trip transportation service? I found a couple online but wondering if anyone has any experience with any company in particular? Thanks in advance.

Yes, we do day trips to the beach on most of our trips. We usually go to Daytona Beach, as we like the Atlantic Ocean side of Florida better than the Gulf side. It only takes about 1hr 10min or less to get to Daytona. You could also go to Cocoa Beach or Cape Canaveral. They are also just over an hour away...we haven't done those two yet, we always hit Daytona, but I hear they're very nice. We always have our own vehicle, so I don't know much about transportation services. However, if you don't bring your own car, I'd suggest just renting one. It'd probably be cheaper than a transportation service and you can come/go as you wish. Plus, you can drive right onto Daytona Beach...literally...if you go there.

Yes, we do day trips to the beach on most of our trips. We usually go to Daytona Beach, as we like the Atlantic Ocean side of Florida better than the Gulf side. It only takes about 1hr 10min or less to get to Daytona. You could also go to Cocoa Beach or Cape Canaveral. They are also just over an hour away...we haven't done those two yet, we always hit Daytona, but I hear they're very nice. We always have our own vehicle, so I don't know much about transportation services. However, if you don't bring your own car, I'd suggest just renting one. It'd probably be cheaper than a transportation service and you can come/go as you wish. Plus, you can drive right onto Daytona Beach...literally...if you go there.
I'm going to definitely need to look into those options. Great idea about renting a car. Thank you!!! :)

We have been to Daytona, St Pete's and Cocoa Breach but had our own vehicle or a rental. Last year we drove to Cocoa Beach, shopped at Ron Jon Surf Shop and walked to the beach from the parking lot there. There was bathroom/changing room right off the beach and a place for chair and umbrella rentals.

I am not aware of a good transportation service (limo service?) either. I second w/ Klayfish's advice and get a rental.

Have a great trip!

We have been to Daytona, St Pete's and Cocoa Breach but had our own vehicle or a rental. Last year we drove to Cocoa Beach, shopped at Ron Jon Surf Shop and walked to the beach from the parking lot there. There was bathroom/changing room right off the beach and a place for chair and umbrella rentals.

I am not aware of a good transportation service (limo service?) either. I second w/ Klayfish's advice and get a rental.

Have a great trip!
Thank you for the advice. We looked into a rental car and it is much cheaper than the bus transportation services we found. We are excited.

Is there a reason you prefer the Atlantic coast oppose to the Gulf coast? We plan on doing both; it's out first DW/Florida trip so just curious

Is there a reason you prefer the Atlantic coast oppose to the Gulf coast? We plan on doing both; it's out first DW/Florida trip so just curious
I'm not the OP, but for me... the Atlantic is just a shorter drive. Traffic in Tampa/St. Pete can be a pain.

I just think the beach itself (sand) is better. The Atlantic also has some waves, where the Gulf water is fairly stagnant. In the gulf side, I've experienced more seaweed, and instead of getting gradually deeper as you go, the gulf seems to have long "shelves". You could walk out 50 yards and still only be knee deep, then suddenly it drops off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter