Day sailing in St. Maarten (Not through DCL) - Used Aristocat in Tortola

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We are on the July 28th sailing that is now going to St. Maarten! We are happy about this as we have been to Tortola so this will be new for us! We are sad though to not use Aristocat Charters for our day sail in Tortola. Does anyone know of a day sailing charter company like Aristocat in St. Maarten? Cheers!

I've seen Soualiga mentioned favorably a few times. I've not used them myself but have an Eastern booked for this October, so I'm keeping notes just incase!

We used Soualiga and were quite satisfied. It is a speedboat, not a cat, so be aware of that and prep appropriately if you are prone to motion sickness.

It's about a 10-minute walk from the cruise ship pier, very straightforward although not all that scenic. (The walk.)

The trip itself was great, and my kids and my spouse all gave it an A++ and our tablemates were pretty jealous because their beach trip was kinda blah.

We also had originally scheduled Aristocat prior to our cruise for what was supposed to be our stop in Tortola (we cruised in April). We were disappointed not to get a chance to sail with them, but we ended up booking with Soualiga for St Maarten. As others mentioned, this was a speed boat, not a cat, and it did get rough at times, but the crew was awesome. We had some truly beautiful stops to go snorkeling and have some beach time. They provided a wonderful lunch, and just gave excellent customer service. The group we were with was pretty small, which just made it a really nice day trip. The walk from port to where their boats were docked was very easy, as well. This was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Soualiga you're guaranteed a small group. There's a legal limit on how big/full a boat can be to go to a couple of spots they frequent. So the upper limit is like 16 passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter