Day of Remembrance for our loved ones Dec 21

My mother Carol Colt died in 2003, after developing emphysema. She was only 60. She was a 30 year smoker, but did quit in 2000. Unfortunately, it was too late. I miss her everyday.

My sister Justine Colt-Sullivan passed away in 2006 after a massive heart attack at 40. It was sudden and unexpected, and I still can't believe she is gone. She left behind 4 beautiful kids, and my heart breaks for them also.

Please remember them both.

All your loved ones, here and gone, will be in my prayers.

Hi - thanks for starting this. :grouphug:

Please add my brother Mike to the list. He died from lung cancer in 2001 less than a year after being diagnosed - he was only 37 years old.

I'm never going to grow accustomed to being an only child. :sad1:

Please add my Dad (Pops) he passed away January 4, 2002 from bladder cancer and my brother-in-law Dan he passed away this past August from Lewy Bodies Disease and was only 56.

Please add my MIL Susan to the list. She suffered a fatal heart attack on Sept 11th, 2008 at the age of 57. She left behind 4 sons, a DIL, and 4 grandchildren as well as her parents, siblings and other extended family. She joined her DH who was killed in a car wreck 15 yrs earlier.

Christmas was always Susan's favorite holiday. She kept pine garland, twinkle lights and angels on the mantle, the buffet hutch and the tops of the cupboards all year long. The boys who are still living at home have vowed to do the house up this year but I'm afraid it might be too much for them.

I'd like to add my Dad- Tom to the list. He passed away Oct 30th 2008, 3 weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer. He also had 2 lesioins on his brain. He died within the hour of finishing his first chemo treatment. He looked great and felt great that day- the best he felt in about a year.

I love you Dad and I miss you sooo much.

On a side note, My mom and I are going to WDW in his memory in June.

Please add my dad Bill. He died in 2004 of lung cancer. He passed away on my son's 8th birthday. That was the worst day of my life. I am really having a hard time this holiday season. It just hurts so much. I miss him terribly.

Hugs to all :grouphug:

I lost my DH on Feb.3 of this year. Superbowl Sunday. One of his favorite days of the year.

He was a restaurant manager and was robbed and shot and died in the hospital a couple of hours later. I will never forget seeing the police uniforms through the skylights of the front door. I swung the door open at 4:30 in the morning and yelled "What Happened!!". They asked if they could come in. I knew instantly that he was gone. They would not have said that if he was alive in a hospital somewhere. They would have told me to hurry to the hospital. I woke the children up at 8 to tell them, with the help of my brother and my friend.

We were married for 18 years and have two minor children. We miss him alot!!

Please add my DM June Haynes.

She passed away just a couple of weeks ago (Nov 25, 2008) from lung cancer at 59.

She was planning on joining us on our trip to WDW this Jan. It would have been her first trip there. We're still going, just like we're still having Christmas, but none of it will be easy. It's so hard to keep the magic alive for my 4 year-olds, but that's what she did for me when my dad died just before my 3rd birthday.

Thanks,
Heather

Please add my dear "Papa" to your list (prefer to leave name out). He was a wonderful father and passed away in Jan. from a short battle with pancreatic cancer - stage 4. I am devastated losing him. It was all very sudden and I am in shock. I feel a void and will never be the same. He was such a righteous man. Not a minute goes by when I don't think of him. He will always be in my heart.

Please add my mom, Geraldine Davies, who lost her battle with PAncreatic Cancer on Feb. 18, 2008. I miss you everyday Mommy. Lucie sends her love...

Please add my mom, Geraldine Davies, who lost her battle with PAncreatic Cancer on Feb. 18, 2008. I miss you everyday Mommy. Lucie sends her love...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Your mom passed 1 month after my dad to the same disease (pancreatic cancer). My thoughts are with you.

Please add my daughter's boyfriend, Devon, to the list. Devon fought a courageous battle with Ewing's Sarcoma for 19 months. He lost his battle on Sunday December 14, 2008 at the age of 20.

Rest In Peace Devon - You will be missed.

Please add my mother Helen, she passed away last August from lung cancer. I miss her so much and even though its been over a year now facing the holidays without her is heart breaking for me.

Please add my Grandpa who passed away from heart disease 15 years ago. And also my Uncle/GodFather who died Oct 31, 2006. I miss them both very much:sad1:

Please add my dad Bill to the list. He died from Pancreatic cancer on March 7th. He was 57. This will be my first Christmas without him.

Wow! I cannot believe the amount of people whp have lost loved ones to pancreatic cancer. I lost my dear father this Jan. It is almost the 1 year and I am mourning his loss very deeply. I hate this disease which takes loved ones so quickly but gives no hope in terms of treatment. I pray they find a cure for pancreatic cancer and proper screening methods.
My heart goes out to all of you who know this nightmare only too well.

Wow! I cannot believe the amount of people whp have lost loved ones to pancreatic cancer. I lost my dear father this Jan. It is almost the 1 year and I am mourning his loss very deeply. I hate this disease which takes loved ones so quickly but gives no hope in terms of treatment. I pray they find a cure for pancreatic cancer and proper screening methods.

I'm sorry for your loss. Pancreatic cancer is a beast.

It's one of those cancers you never hear about, but as soon as you mention it everybody know someone who has dies of it. I would love for them to find a good way to screen for it. I hope you don't mind, but I stole you purple ribbon pic to use as my avatar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter