Day of Debarkation Day?

superdeluxe

Mouseketeer
hey all,

We’re going on our first Disney cruise (April 2nd 5 Nights on Wonder to Cabo).

We were curious about Debarkation Day? How does that work? We’re trying to figure out return flights

Depending on what your dinner time determines what time you eat breakfast on the final morning. When we did a cruise to Cabo it was a little late returning. I would recommend nothing earlier then 11:30 either way. The airport is close in San Diego and Taxis are plentiful.

You can also eat at the buffet if you don't want to be tied down to your dining time (ie you want to leave earlier). We like to eat at the buffet because we have found the dining rooms to be a bit rushed and chaotic. Plus, I like the variety at the buffet.

Without knowing which Southern California Airport you are using, hard to give a firm answer. If you book a flight for 1 pm or later you should have enough time build into the end of the cruise and your flight.

The last night they want everyone’s luggage packed and in the hallway by 10pm. Disney will give you luggage tags with different characters faces to attach to your luggage to identify what area to pick up your luggage the next morning when you get off the ship. It’s a good idea to attach a ribbon or piece of tape to the handle of your luggage to help identify it there have been times that people have taken the wrong luggage.
The last morning Disney wants everyone out of their cabins by 8:30ish and everyone off the ship 9:30ish.
If you have early dining you are assigned early breakfast (last morning only) 6:30ish late dinner late breakfast 7:45ish
As pp said you can also eat breakfast In Cabanas. Cabanas is open 7-8ish
They usually start letting people off the ship 7:45ish.
You will need to show your key card one last time as you get off. You then will need to claim your luggage and go through customs. You will need to show/scan your passport or birth certificate. Allow 20-30 minutes for getting off the ship, claiming luggage and getting through customs.

**Be sure to keep a small bag with you the last night to carry off what you used the last night and don’t forget to keep clothes and shoes!!! to wear home.

Last edited:
We have early dinner.

however want to be just about the last off the ship (barcelona) as flight is not until 1430.

Can I just go to any open restaurant for late breakfast, regardless of my far too early set time?

We have early dinner.

however want to be just about the last off the ship (barcelona) as flight is not until 1430.

Can I just go to any open restaurant for late breakfast, regardless of my far too early set time?
You should talk to your Head Server if you want to do other than your assigned breakfast time/room. Except for the buffet. You can go there with out notifying the head server.

We have early dinner.

duplicate

We have early dinner.

You should talk to your Head Server if you want to do other than your assigned breakfast time/room. Except for the buffet. You can go there with out notifying the head server.

We have early dinner.

DCL will encourage everyone to be off the ship by 9am, and by 9:30 they are strongly encouraging you to move along. Keep in mind how anxious you are to board on embarkation morning. Your debarkation is someone else's embarkation and the CMs need time to turn the ship over between cruises.

Please don't just show up at any MDR for late breakfast; the people who ate in that MDR the night before are assigned there. If you have early dining and want late breakfast, you can ask your serving team about switching breakfast. They can usually make it work, but know that 1) you may not have your serving team, 2) you will most likely be at a different table and 3) you may be an extra on someone's schedule to cover an extra table.

We have early dinner.

The last night they want everyone’s luggage packed and in the hallway by 10pm. Disney will give you luggage tags with different characters faces to attach to your luggage to identify what area to pick up your luggage the next morning when you get off the ship.
Btw OP, if you can't get your luggage ready the night before or don't want to, it isn't required. You'll just have to haul your own luggage off the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter