Day 7- In which DS gets ill and we cancel Spirit of Aloha :(

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
Day 7 in which DS gets sick and we have to cancel Spirit Of Aloha
EPCOT
I don’t know if we were in the wrong place at the wrong time but we were stuck in a huge queue for Epcot to open for about 15 minutes. It got me wandering how on earth people had 8.30am breakfast meals if the park is closed till 9am? Then there was a whoosh of stampeding people and we had to charge our way to GG so we didn’t miss our reservation. It took us a few minutes to get there meaning we were later than our booked time so I have no idea if I missed the dining reservations queue. It’s not as well signposted or organised like MK is.

Breakfast The Garden Grill
Breakfast was yummy. It started with fruit salad and this warm cinnabon type bread which we polished off in minutes. DS asked for thirds which is rare for him as he is not a huge fan of sweets. Then came the usual egg/bacon/sausage/waffle platter with added tater tots. I hate all things potato so I can’t judge fairly but they vanished pretty fast so I am guessing they were good. The characters came by in the first 20 minutes which was great because when we were done eating we were ready to go. Very good service as usual. I love the Garden Grill. For the service, the food and the character interaction I would really recommend it if you have small children. I would say if I had to choose between breakfast and lunch.. lunch wins it by ½ a point. I just love their mac n’cheese and the platter in general!

Off we went to-
Figment
The Seas With Nemo & Friends (DS LOVES this)
Spaceship Earth.
We love Spaceship Earth but it broke down on us today!! No idea what happened but we had a good 15 minutes of hanging around whilst tilted backwards in the star room at the end.

I don’t know if the cold got into DS’s bones yesterday but around 12pm his cheeks started getting really flushed. We queued to meet Donald Duck at the Mexican pavilion but it soon became apparent that he was not well. He loves Donald but didn’t know where to look when the photo was being taken. Clutching our yummy Icelandic beers from the Norway area, we started powerwalking to the exit. We decided to skip Living with the Land which was our last FP for the morning.

We took DS back to the hotel and he had a temperature of 40. Luckily I brought Neurophen and Calpol with us so he got a dose of meds (which I hate.. normally we are the anti-calpol brigade but 40 is 40) and a cool shower and put him to bed. It’s now a few hours later and he’s down to 38 and a happy bunny eating strawberries in bed with his ipad.

No Spirit Of Aloha for us tonight.. that we will try do another night or next time. It’s no fun going without DS and whoever stays with him so we cancelled. I am with DS snuggled in bed and the others have gone to downtown Orlando. I can see DS will be just fine by tomorrow but needs the rest so it's goodbye for now.

Tomorrow… ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!

Next day HERE
Yesterdays report here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter