Day 5 (Pt. 1) "Better Late Than Never"

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
Tuesday - 11/13/07 Weather - 80 degrees

Today we go to Knott's Berry Farm and have reservations for the Medievil Dinner Show.

The park opened at 10:00 AM so we slept in a little this morning. We arrived at Knott's around 9:30. I turned in our voucher from Getawaytoday and got our tickets then waited in line for opening. I kept looking around...waiting for the crowds to get there, but they never did show up. I don't think there were more than 100 people in line and not many more showed up the rest of the day either. Once everyone got into the park and spread out, it really did look like a Ghost Town. We felt like we had the entire park to ourselves!

Kristyl & Corey rode Xcelerator first. This rollercoaster shoots you out of the staging area, much like CA Screamin', then takes you straight up over a 100 ft., then straight back down...not for the timid. They rode this one a couple of times.

DeWayne, Corey and Chris went on Ghostrider. We ususally love this rollercoaster, but DeWayne got stuck in the back seat and absolutely hated it this time. He said he should have bought the picture of him on the ride because he looked terrified. He said it jerked him all over the place and was praying for it to hurry up and end the whole time he was on it. Me...I was sitting on a bench in the shade just soaking in the atmosphere. I really like the theme of this park and it was so nice to be there with no one around. Frontierland is also my favorite area at DL. I like that time period of our country's history.

dis0187.jpg

dis0188.jpg

dis0189.jpg

dis0190.jpg

dis0191.jpg

dis0192.jpg

dis0193.jpg

dis0194.jpg

It was really starting to get hot so everyone decided they wanted to cool off on the Perilous Plunge.

dis0204.jpg

dis0198.jpg

dis0199.jpg

dis0200.jpg

Brandon couldn't go on this one, so I gave him a few bucks worth of dimes and kept him busy with a game.

dis0203.jpg

dis0202.jpg

dis0201.jpg

After the family had taken the plunge, Shelli & Craig took Brandon to stand on the bridge over the ride so he could get cooled off too. Shelli said that the look on his face was priceless as a wall of water hit him head on. Spittin' & sputterin', he walked off the bridge looking like he had a blast.

dis0206.jpg

dis0207.jpg

dis0205.jpg

dis0209.jpg

dis0210.jpg

Since everyone was wet, we wandered over to the Bigfoot Rapids next. Again...Brandon couldn't go on this and we wondered why. Grizzly Rapids is a much more wild ride than this one. We have video of this ride, but no photos. Shelli and I took turns waiting with Brandon while everyone went rafting.

dis0211.jpg

Shelli's family took off on their own for awhile and my group went looking for something to eat. Way in the back of the park we found a Johnny Rockets. We had never eaten at one of their places before, and we really enjoyed it. The food was excellent as well as the service. Nice theming too.

Continue on Day 5 (Pt. 2) thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter