Day 5 – 10th July, oh no who’s going to be sick

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Day 5 – 10th July, oh no who’s going to be sick

Cast members

Me – Disney fanatic - I stomped through Disneyland Paris in 1997, since why come to a theme park when you’re in Paris, yes really!
Diane (DP) – Long suffering Disney widow, buts loves it all anyway
Morgan (DD) – 7 year old Disney fan. Favourites BTM, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jack (DS) – 5 year old Disney, Star Wars and Power Rangers fan. Favourite Autopia
Robyn (DD) – 3 year old Disney fan. Loves parades and Casey Jr

The novelty of everyone going for breakfast had worn off, so I collected the baskets myself.
That’s no way to speak about the troops ;)
A change in scenery was required so we decided to park at Sequoia Lodge.
The hotel was a hive of activity. People checking out, checking in and queuing for breakfast. Much more frenetic than HNY.

Pooh and Tigger were on photocall, but with a very large queue we decided against the distraction.

It was a nice walk along Lake Disney before entering the village.

First stop was a FP for Peter Pan, as we still had not been on this yet. FP time was 11.45 – 12.15 which was perfect just before lunch-time.
Then round to BTM for another FP. So glad this board let us know you can hold more than 1 FP :sunny:
There was a problem with the ride, but they were offering FP’s for 15.45 – 16.15 so we were hopeful of getting on the ride later in the day.

So at last, off for our first ride to PM. The CM in the stretch room was very good. We all had to file past him as he stood in the middle. Anyone not paying attention was given a wake-up call :scare2:
Before commencing the stretch the CM went around the room, scaring bystanders in the process.

After the ride Morgan complained of a sore tummy, but did not seem that serious so we continued.

Next stop IASW, where the trouble started.. At the end of the ride Morgan said she was going to be sick. We were in a queue waiting to get off and it was funny as Diane and I both frantically emptied carrerbags of their contents and found another use for it :sick:
We can laugh now that Morgan went on BTM for the first time this year, but was sick on IASW.

Off to Main St to buy some new clothes for Morgan.

It was then back to Peter Pan for 3 of us to ride while Diane kept Morgan company. We then contemplated going back to DCR, but Morgan thought she would improve as the day went on.
f3241e2e.jpg

We arrive at the castle at 12.30 – Princess time. Even when you are not feeling well, you get caught up in all the energy.

f3241e0f.jpg

Now these affairs are normally a scrum, but our 3 seasoned campaigners have become real Europeans – they can queue jump and shove with the best of them. Normally against the lone adults.

f3241e24.jpg

They managed to clock Aladdin and Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Snow White before they gave up.
f3241e1a.jpg

Well actually the scrum around Belle and Beast would have needed the Haka before engaging :teeth:

Victoriana’s for a light lunch of pizza and sandwiches. Thinking that this would suit a sensitive stomach better :)
After hastily finishing lunch we headed out of the park. A quick detour to buy something from a shop in the village as we needed additional carrier bags :sick:

Back at the Ranch Morgan put her head down and spent the rest of the afternoon being sick. At least the other two couple play around the cabin.

f3241e37.jpg

Later it looked like a takeaway was the order of the day so I drove to Auchan, but forgot that hypermarkets are closed on Sunday’s :sad2:
Thankfully on checking the Tavern did takeaways at the same price as the restaurant. Kid’s fish and chips, plus ice lolly and can of juice at €10 was a trifle expensive.
Anyway, needs must so €45 down and at least the 4 able ones had satisfied their hunger.

The weather turned nice again so once everyone was bedded we sat outside with a glass of wine :drinking1

Watched the stars before going to bed. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better tomorrow.

Reid

Oh dear - poor Morgan!!!!! I had to laugh at the thought of you and Diane frantically emptying carrier bags!!! Been there, done that, got the T-shirt!!! :rotfl: Nevertheless the photos of your 3 with the characters are as good as ever. It's such a shame queuing is an unknown concept at DLP!! :sad2:
I really hope Robyn escaped the sickness bug!!! Looking forward to day 6!!

Poor Morgan - hope she was soon feeling better!! Glad she was able to enjoy some of the day. Definitely looks like DCR was a good choice for you this time - you could let Morgan snooze and keep an eye on her, but still have some space and freedom for Jack and Robyn.

Enjoying your report Reid - thank you! :flower:

Another enjoyable report Reid. Hope Morgan was feeling better the next morning.:flower1:

Just to say, enjoying your trip reports, especially the photographs integrated into the report like that. So sorry that you had so much sickness with the kids, it does seem like you really enjoyed the trip despite though :goodvibes

Oh no.............. :( :( :(

And I've just seen the title of you next day so I think it gets worse :(

The way you told it made it very funny but I'm sure it wasn;t at the time - like Di, been there, done that (and no doubt will again in the future!)

I think had we been on a 3 or 4 night stay this would have really spoiled the holiday, although the troops could not have predicted being unwell.

Importantly it is all the other things that they have concentrated on since we have been back.

Reid

Cyrano said:
Then round to BTM for another FP. So glad this board let us know you can hold more than 1 FP :sunny:

Reid

How does this work? is it not like in WDW? Only 1 FP per 2 hr period, or is it becuase you have an annual pass too?

Steve

Steve
you put your ticket(passport) into the FP machine and bingo. Previously you had to wait until the time of your FP expired before you could get another for a different attraction. Now you could walk to each of the FP attractions and get a few.

A lunch one day saw a group of Japanese who laid out his FP's for every attraction to plan their sprint around the park.

Reid

thats amazing with the fast passes!!! I remember in WDW a few yrs ago, the rule was one every two hours (or when current FP had started!)

I will be making big use of this!!!!

THANKS!

Stevey

Stevey, I'm sure you realised but this system is specific to DLP. The FP way you describe above is still in operation at WDW :)

SteveyJC said:
well, its a huge plus for DLP then, but i guess it means the FPs run out alot quicker!!!

You betcha. Peter Pan is normally out by midday. :sad2:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter