Day 3 and 4 Once upon a Fairytale!

disneytraveler

<font color=purple>will the real celeb please step
The theme for the third day of the adventure was called,Let Down Your Hair. On this day we departed Heidelburg to go Alsfeld and then on to our next hotel. Oh i remember Alsfeld so well!:cloud9:I was there 20 or 30 years ago on my own fairytale adventure! The Brothers Grimm lived in this region called Hesse.

Alsfeld is beautiful! You will see half timbered houses . In the square there is a statue of Little Red Riding Hood. Disney magic happens here :wizard:Moreover, alot lot more is gained by me. When i visited this charming town many years ago, it was going by train and walking alot. So, i did not stay along time here. Now i was able to listen and learn the history of
Alsfeld.:) Now i can put things together!

There is a Lutheran Church that is very interesting. It also has a cross . There is small room used to punish people. Very nice inside to.

We had a great picnic lunch in the town square. I also bought an ice cream at one of the ice cafes.Yummy:)

100_0048.jpg

When lunch was finished we went into the Fairytale Museum . There is a photograph of a little girl dressed in period clothing like red riding hood statue.It was featured in the Smithsonian Magazine ! Then it was time to board the bus to go to our next hotel, the Hotel Burg Trendelburg!:cloud9::cool1:
When i did my own fairytale adventure , i researched this hotel and from then on wanted to stay here. I remember writing to the Germany Travel Board in NY and asking them is it possible to take a taxi to the hotel. Remember i was doing eveything accessible by train and walking. Well they were very helpful in giving me anything i need. They replied that taking a taxi would be too costly for me since the hotel is up in the mountains and so many kilometers from the train . I was able to explore close to the area where the attractions were but somethings i could not get to. Now i am finally here!

100_0096.jpg

While we took a tour all around the castle, we were told the history of it. Trendelburg inspired the Grimm Brothers to write about Repunzel! :goodvibes
Dinner was at the castle for our first night. I saw Trout on the menu so i ordered the fish and a beer.! The trout was fantastic!:) Oh and the beer was good was good to!:rotfl:

More great pictures! Thanks for sharing. This is definitely a trip I would love to take. It looks like...a fairytale!:)

When I saw the pictures of the tower I knew right away that had to be the inspiration for Rapunzel. It is beautiful.

Day 4 -Fairytale Fantasy:wizard:
The day started out with a biking adventure. Well i opted not to go biking due to my foot.I did not want to take the chance . Most of the people did very well on the adventure.It was about 10 miles long ! It began at Hofgut Stammen which is in the outskirts of Trendenburg. It was not too far away.

The bus would take those who did not want to go biking . Afterwards, everyone enjoyed archery. I thought it was great. I did pretty good to.:goodvibes And for lunch, a very nice bbq. There was chicken, hamburgers,saugages,variety of salads,coffee, and other things. I think dessert was apple strudel with icecream.:goodvibes.

We had the rest of the afternoon at Trendelburg for ourselves. In the evening, we traveled to Sababurg Caslte for dinner. Sababurg Castle was the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty. Once again, i ordered Trout and it was great!

Sababurg is also know as the rose castle. The Grimms brothers made reference to rose red i think plus the castle is covered with roses and plants!

How wonderful. I am studying Tourism and Travel at college and for one of my assignments I used the Once upon a Fairytale trip. Everyone was amazed that Disney has the Adventures by Disney trips.

It is really fun to read about your trip and see the photos.

Thank you so much for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter