Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Since we live on the west coast the three hour time difference for the first few days leave you exhausted so we slept in. After waking at around 10am we got up and enjoyed our porch view. We relaxed only leaving to go to the on property Grill to pick up lunch and bring it back to….you guessed it, eat on the porch. My wife got a salad and added mahi mahi to the salad. I got the mahi-mahi sandwich. For around $25 for both with the DVC discount it was easily restaurant quality. After an enjoyable lunch it was time to just chill out on the porch some more. Just an FYI Driving around the town gives no hint that this is a beach town at all. The vibe is a beautifully landscaped, lots of vegetation, chill town. The shopping stores are well hidden with only a small sign that tells you it’s even there. You might get nervous that if your car broke down you would be stranded in the middle of no where but just take a look behind all the trees and bushes and just about 30 feet in is an abundance of stores, restaurants and boutiques. We still haven’t made it out to the beach, don’t even know where or if there is one at all, hope we weren’t lied to…Like I said it’s not your typical beach town vibe. In the evening we got ready for dinner at Gusto Restaurante which was just a few minutes drive from the resort. I really enjoyed my meal but my wife on the other hand did not. Way too much salt and the lamb shank was tough. She hardly ever eats meat while I never do, but when she does she really wants it to be amazing and this was not. After dinner we stopped at Whole Foods for some essentials and TJ Max for some wine glasses and a big candle for our porch. And it was back on the porch for us. The resort is a really nice place to just chill out after a year of craziness, wind down and get your body back to a slower pace. This is a great place to just sit back and enjoy the scenery. Soon it was time to retire for the evening. To be continued…..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter