Day 1 (attempt at a trip review)

bluegirl

Mouseketeer
Well here Goes.
There are only two Cast members on this trip Myself and DD age 9yrs, (we left the men at home)
Day 1.
Left Milton Keynes (yes the land of concrete cows and roundabouts) at 6.15 am and got the train down to Euston. I was a bit aprehensive as we then had to get on a tube to Waterloo International Station and the thought of dragging a case up and down escalators at rush hour was a terrifying thought,but all went well and very smoothly and we managed to miss rush hour.
Waterloo International station was very straight forward you queue up at a gate put your ticket through a machine and you are then allowed through to the next section which is security. We had to put our bags and jackets through the scanner (although not sure the person operating scanner was actually awake) and then presented our passports to passport control who were equally not interested, you are then able to go through to a departure lounge area with cafes etc to wait the Eurostar.We were fortunate enough to be able to use the Disney Express check in service although the word express left a lot to be desired.This is a sloooooowww process of queuing up and being given your park tickets and hotel information but there were only three cast members to do this, also there were no activity kits availbale for the children as advertised in the brochures(the children boarding at AShford however were luckier and had been given their kits) Anyway the train itself was great and we settled ourselves down for the journey which was extremely pleasent and ran exactly to time.There is a buffet car on board but this was very expensive and i would recommend taking your own snacks and drinks for the journey.
After 2hours and 50 minutes there was a massive increase of atmosphere on board the train as someone had spotted the turrets of THE CASTLE and space mountain and much excitement was shown by all.
As you get off the train you can hear the Disney music and I must say I found the whole experience a bit emotional (kleenex moment!! I have several of these throughout the stay).You take your bags up the escelators and hand them into the Disney Express service who will take them to your hotel and then your free to start your adventure.
More to come later........................................... :flower:

bluegirl said:
As you get off the train you can hear the Disney music and I must say I found the whole experience a bit emotional (kleenex moment!! I have several of these throughout the stay).

As ridiculous as it sounds, I actually cried reading that! I'm sure I'll be just as emotional when I go in June! It'll be my first time there in seven years, and I do miss it so. I cry at the "Dancin' (A Catchy Rhythm)" song too. :blush:

I was pleased to read your experiences of the Disney Express service. Now I know what to expect. ;)

*Looking forward to the next installment!*

Bonnie, I was exactly the same...I had a tear in my eye reading that.
:flower:
I just know I'll be emotional because I'll be showing my dd the castle for the 1st time! :goodvibes
Bluegirl...You are an excellent trip writer, And Iam looking forward to more! :banana:

Hi bluegirl:wave:

Great 1st installment-I'm hooked already :teeth:

Keep 'em coming :)

Bonnie and tallym, I'm dabbing my eyes, too!!! I can just imagine how exciting it must be to get off the train and hear Disney music! :wizard:

bluegirl, thanks for such a brilliant 1st instalment, can't wait to read the next one! :flower:

That was such a good "starter" - can't wait to read more!! I always get a bit choked too when we get to a Disney park and you go into Main Street - what a fantastic place it is to evoke such strong feelings in grown-ups (it's far too good for kids, I always say!!! :rotfl: - but that's no doubt because we didn't discover Disney until our kids were teenagers!!! However we're trying very hard to make up for lost time!!!) Looking forward to the next installment! :sunny:

Great start, bluegirl!

I'm afraid I cried too (just a little) when I last went to DLRP. It was my thirtieth birthday, we had just arrived and gone straight to the Disneyland Parc, stood at Casey's with a hotdog and the parade started - the whole thing was just so magical and I was a little overwhelmed :blush:

:) Count me among the Main Street criers!! I always get choked up when we walk through the turnstiles and onto MS for the first time each trip! Our last trip I cried walking down MS after park closing - the lights, the music, it was just too much.

Thank goodness there are other like-minded (or "out-of-minded" as my daughter says!) people on this board to share these emotions with!!

Keep that report coming! It's off to a great start.... And I think it's lovely when a parent takes just one child to Disney - it's the epitomy of "quality time" isn't it?

:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter