Davy Crockett Ranch at DLP

Joss

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

Am new to the boards! Am planning a 5 night stay at Davy Crockett's in DLP with a 4 year old and a 4 month old. Has anyone stayed there before? What did you think? Is it a good place for kids or should we try something a little closer to the park?

Appreciate it

Joss

The DCR ist great for kids. There are a lot of activities and a critter coral :flower:

The pool is great, and perhaps the best with little kids...you have a full kitchen :goodvibes

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi Joss

we are going with DD 7, DS 5 and DD 3 and Davy Crockett has always appealed, but we are only going for first time next month.

With the kitchen and extra space we are hoping that the kids will enjoy us all not squeezing into one hotel room.

When are you planning on going?

Reid

Welcome to the DISboards! :wave2:

I haven't stayed at Davy Crockett but just in case you didn't know, it's the only Disney hotel that doesn't have a free shuttle bus to the parks, I believe it's about a 10 minute drive, so it would only be suitable if you're taking a car (or hiring one when you get there).

Any other questions, just ask, someone on here will be able to help!

Rhiannon :wizard:

Hi Joss and welcome to the Disboards :)

I can't help about Davy Crockett though I am embarassed to admit I am horribly overdue writing a FAQ on it :blush:

Hope to see you planning on here with us - any questions ask away, usually someone knows!

Not the place to stay if you like to have a drink in the evenings. You can get cabs but we ended up staying in the cabin for a drink each night.

It was a mistake for us but I know people who love it.

Hope you make the right choice for you.

Susan

Hi Joss welcome to the boards.

We just got back today from a 5 day visit to DLP staying at Davy Crockett ranch. This was our 3rd visit to the ranch & we think it's a great place for kids. Ours still enjoyed it and they are much older than yours.

Any questions - ask away.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. We are really looking forward to our trip in 11 days!!

Is it better to book our character breakfasts now or will it be ok if we book when we get there? Also, how far a drive is it from the Ranch to the Park?

Cheers

Joss

Thanks for all the replies everyone. We are really looking forward to our trip in 11 days!!

Lotsa questions - Is it better to book our character breakfasts now or will it be ok if we book when we get there? Also, how far a drive is it from the Ranch to the Park? And how much is a cab to and from the Ranch to the Park? Are cabs easy to get at the Ranch and the Park? And whats the best way to get from the airport to the Park?

We are coming from the Middle East and Im wondering whether or not to hire a car?

Cheers :teeth:

Joss

mark&sue said:
Not the place to stay if you like to have a drink in the evenings. You can get cabs but we ended up staying in the cabin for a drink each night.
Susan

Hi,
perhaps I dont get what you want to say as I´m no native speaker.

There is a really nice saloon at the DVC to have a drink :cool1:

Joss said:

Lotsa questions - Is it better to book our character breakfasts now or will it be ok if we book when we get there? Also, how far a drive is it from the Ranch to the Park? And how much is a cab to and from the Ranch to the Park? Are cabs easy to get at the Ranch and the Park? And whats the best way to get from the airport to the Park?

We are coming from the Middle East and Im wondering whether or not to hire a car?

Cheers :teeth:

Joss

It would be the best to hire a car. It will be cheaper than the tranfer from airport ( even with VEA) and the cabs from DCR to parks etc.
Its a 10 minute drive to the parks. Dont know about the cab prices.
But with a car you can also co to Val d´Europe to buy things for cooking cheaper than at the DVC.
Character Breakfast depends on the time you go. In high season I would book in advance, otherwise it is okay to do at check-in.

In answer to Renate's query with regard to drinking. We like to drink when we go to restaurants in the parks and market place such as Blue Lagoon and Planet Hollywood. We would like to stay for the specto magic and have a drink. We found staying at the cabins put a restriction on us compared to staying at a hotel within walking distance.

The cabins are great if you like to have more space than a hotel room.

Susan

Hi Joss,

Welcome, I'm quite new - just like you :) but I have stayed at the Davy Crockett ranch this year in February with hubby, daughter 12, son 10 and little one 7. It was fantastic, despite the sub-zero temperatures. :love:

It is a 10minute drive - once you've acquainted yourself with the route, and there is only one badly signposted roundabout very near the ranch - which only caused us grief in the dark [which shouldn't affect you at this time of year]. The cabins are really nice, set in little neighbourhoods and have their own little barbecue. The Blue Springs pool is brilliant :cool1: [probably our favourite thing about the ranch] and little ones will enjoy Davy's Farm.

Only having stayed in the Hotel Cheyenne before [which was also lovely] I can't really compare whether the Ranch is better for families or not. We preferred having more room and a living area at the ranch, and the wonderful surroundings, but we preferred the breakfasts at the Hotel Cheyenne [Davy Crockett's is a small hut which distributes breakfast in boxes]. ::MickeyMo

You will need a car all the time at DCR, so I don't know about depending on cabs. There is a very good supermarket which literally sells everything at Val d' Europe, I think it was called Auchan, and we found it by far the cheapest place to shop. :) I would book a character breakfast before you go, one less thing to worry about once your there, and if they still do it - I would recommend Walts. We have had the Character breakfast at Mickey's in Disney Village and Walts and I preferred the latter.

Sorry I have gone on a bit, anyway hope it helps - you'll have a lovely time whatever! :cheer2:

PS, You can book housekeeping service free of charge, but you have to do so on a daily basis using the phone in the cabin. Don't make the mistake we did and book it the first day and then think they will appear everyday, they only come when requested and its worth it just for the disney soaps :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter