Davids rental or DVC store

Yup. I'm an Owner. I had points which were expiring in 8 months. There was still availability at my home resort in the 7 month to 8 month time period. I checked on the DVC member website. (Someone had asked about my personal experience.)
That might be the reason why they recommended booking a spec reservation rather than putting the points up for rent. Your points weren't technically distressed yet but the home resort booking window was closing fast.

That might be the reason why they recommended booking a spec reservation rather than putting the points up for rent. Your points weren't technically distressed yet but the home resort booking window was closing fast.
Correct - There is no hard and fast rule here due to how many moving parts there are. At the end of the day, its a decision of what is believed to be the best opportunity for the Member to rent their points.

David's actions during the pandemic were all about David, not the renters, and not the owners. His newest contract puts all the risk onto the owners, and offers a one-time re-booking to renters in the event of force majeure. As an owner, I'd never rent my points through David's.

I have no experience with DVC Rental Store to share.
I totally agree with your assessment of David’s during the pandemic I have rented points through DVC through the years and always had a positive experience .

David's actions during the pandemic were all about David, not the renters, and not the owners. His newest contract puts all the risk onto the owners, and offers a one-time re-booking to renters in the event of force majeure. As an owner, I'd never rent my points through David's.

As someone who had a reservation booked with DVC Rental store (purchased in January 2020), I can confirm they were no better and refused to even try and work with me to reschedule within the points use year! I just bought resale and refused to go through any WORLD of DISNEY company bc how in bad faith they acted!

As someone who had a reservation booked with DVC Rental store (purchased in January 2020), I can confirm they were no better and refused to even try and work with me to reschedule within the points use year! I just bought resale and refused to go through any WORLD of DISNEY company bc how in bad faith they acted!
Hi @cgard87

I sincerely apologize that our efforts to rebook or reschedule your trip did not meet your satisfaction. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to do business with you again.

DVC Rental Store worked with both Members and Guests throughout the entirety of the pandemic to provide every available means to navigate that difficult time and rebook their trip for a later date. This included giving out credits to every guest affected by Covid-related cancellations, as well as allowing people to sell the reservations they had booked with us for future use credits at a later time.

Our experience during this period is what brought us to become the first in the industry to provide a Stress-Free Cancellation Policy that is built into every reservation we now sell.

Thanks!

The problem with David's current situation is that there are two reasons I use a broker to rent points 1) I want no risk - which he used to provide and 2) I want a one and done situation where I make a reservation and then never worry about those points again (maybe, back in the day, I was adding a dining plan or ME). David's new policies remove both the advantages that using David gave me as an owner wanting to rid myself of points I wasn't going to use. The reason I used Davids was I knew he was firm on the non-refundable part and I wouldn't get a call from a someone who thought they'd be on their honeymoon and their fiancée slept with their sister, and could I refund their money......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter