• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Daughter and Mom trip

Mom of 3 Princesses

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

I am planning to take my daughter (she is 18) to Universal for her Mon/ daughter trip We really only want to visit Island of Adventure.. but want to stay close by..

how many days to make it worth the money do we need to stay to get the best prices
Where should be stay to make it worthwhile
Best times in the spring to go?

We have never been to Universal, and I am more than sure.. we really only want to do "Harry Potter: land :)

Are you aware that Diagon Alley is in the Universal park? If Harry Potter was my priority, I'd plan on both parts with a park hopper so that you can ride the Hogwarts Express between the two.

For the most convenience, I recommend staying at one of the on-site deluxe hotels because you get the unlimited express pass. It almost doesn't matter when you go if you have that. Each time, I have decided on the actual hotel based on price and have ended up at Royal Pacific.

If you are flexible, you can decide dates based on price. The busiest time in Spring will be around Easter, though all of early March through Easter is Spring Break season. I would go for a minimum of 2 days, and add 1-2 more if you can. With an 18 year old, you'll be able to tour quickly, and you can take advantage of single rider lines if you don't get the express pass or for the few rides where the express pass doesn't work.

Yes if you are wanting the Harry Potter experience you will have to visit both parks! We found this out a couple months ago. Also arrive early. Dragon alley was clear in the morning then could hardly walk through come afternoon.

Yes if you are wanting the Harry Potter experience you will have to visit both parks! We found this out a couple months ago. Also arrive early. Dragon alley was clear in the morning then could hardly walk through come afternoon.

That's a good point for touring both of the HP areas. DD and I always go directly to one of the HP areas in the morning and tour it until it gets busy or we've had our fill. When the lines get long, we venture out to do other things, and we return in the evening when the lines usually start getting shorter again. The HP areas in those parks are our happy place...it even makes me smile to see the commercial on TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter