Date specific ticket pricing starts today for UOR parks

PulsarIII

Mouseketeer
I guess vacation planning was not complicated enough with the COVID-19 changes, so Universal took a play out of Disney’s play book. :confused3

G'day
Pulsar

My wife was waiting on confirmation for one thing at work before we purchased our tickets with credit card rewards points from Chase. As luck would have it, no longer are tickets available to be purchased with reward points. :scared::badpc:

Cant say I like this - I do see that they will have a 1 year flex ticket as well so that may be an option - especially for the chase card rewards

Will have to wait and see what the pricing is like

Another good reason to get a UOAP, I guess.
That’s what we ended up doing. Our package with 4 day three park to parks with a stay at Cabana Bay was like $1700. It cost us $500 (for three ppl) to change upgrade to the preferred AP and get the AP Harry Potter package so it seemed worth it if we squeeze in two more park days anytime over the next 15 months.

Well if the Anytime prices are the current prices and the Value Prices are at a discount price then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But usually it's the opposite, with the value prices being the current prices and then premiums charged for the Anytime days. But to be fair, many other business engage in the same pricing model. Higher prices for high demand times and discount prices at lower demand times. Matinee movie tickets are half the price of Friday night tickets for the "same experience" right?

Will this be the end of special promo deals on tickets like the current buy 2 get 2 free?
Probably going next year so I'm wondering should I buy them now

While Universal has been getting more business.. a good chunk of it is people avoiding Disney due to the complications of planning a vacation there. While Universal was busy before the pandemic.. they weren't Disney busy which is what allowed Disney to go to the price per day model. Universal would be better served keeping the 'easy planning' model . If they ever get back on track for the new park, then maybe they can start thinking like Disney.

Will this be the end of special promo deals on tickets like the current buy 2 get 2 free?
Probably going next year so I'm wondering should I buy them now
usually better to buy now - prices usually go up.
It sounds like most promotional tickets wont be date driven.

In the end with the current situation its really impossible to say - they may have a better special but its typically better to lock in sooner than later - especially if the tickets dont expire.

I kept waiting to purchase our tickets using our Delta Vacation credit and I missed the B2G2 free tickets, then I waited too long to use the credit to book RPR for Thanksgiving weekend. I have $1,500 in Delta vacation money to spend.

Can we upgrade a 2 day flex pass to a Seasonal AP? If so how much is the seasonal AP for non-florida residents?

I swear they did this before, years ago. As we get military tickets before we were pass holders, we didn’t pay attention to the pricing, as Universal kindly lets the military tickets to get used until the end of the year, including during the holidays.

Well, at least you can now plan, and decide, that depending on when you travel, the lowest pass is not that much more than a couple days of park to park tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter