• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS with a larger party

oliviosis

Earning My Ears
My oldest has Down syndrome and we've been to WDW many times and used DAS however, this will be the first time that we've had a group over 6 people and also using the new app booking vs walking up to the ride for the CM to add the selection. All memebers of our group (10) will be added to the DAS so that my son can ride with different members of the party. However, I know we can only select 5 to ride with him on any given ride.
For context, my sister and her party of 4 will likely buy Genie+ since they will want to ride things my son won't tolerate or is afraid of.
My question is, for those who have done this before with a larger group, what was your strategy to try to ride things together? Did everyone in the party buy Genie+? Did only part of the party buy it? I'm concerned that we may spend the extra money but not get the value out of it if we still may not be able to ride as a group just based on Genie+ availability. Just curious to hear how it worked for your group and any tips you may have!

My oldest has Down syndrome and we've been to WDW many times and used DAS however, this will be the first time that we've had a group over 6 people and also using the new app booking vs walking up to the ride for the CM to add the selection. All memebers of our group (10) will be added to the DAS so that my son can ride with different members of the party. However, I know we can only select 5 to ride with him on any given ride.
For context, my sister and her party of 4 will likely buy Genie+ since they will want to ride things my son won't tolerate or is afraid of.
My question is, for those who have done this before with a larger group, what was your strategy to try to ride things together? Did everyone in the party buy Genie+? Did only part of the party buy it? I'm concerned that we may spend the extra money but not get the value out of it if we still may not be able to ride as a group just based on Genie+ availability. Just curious to hear how it worked for your group and any tips you may have!
have not done this since Genie+ but guessing some what the same. have you sister book for time near your son's time. both groups would be using the same line. have your son and your group enter the line and then your sister and her group. redo your groups if wanted just before you load

I’m not sure you can have 10 people associated with your son’s DAS pass, online they definitely won’t do it, but you can ask at a blue umbrella in the parks. When I chaperoned a band trip they were nice enough to add a 7th person to mine, but made it clear it was an exception, so be prepared for them to not be able to accommodate that ask. Maybe plan on coordinating the Genie+ times with your son’s DAS times.

I’m not sure you can have 10 people associated with your son’s DAS pass, online they definitely won’t do it, but you can ask at a blue umbrella in the parks. When I chaperoned a band trip they were nice enough to add a 7th person to mine, but made it clear it was an exception, so be prepared for them to not be able to accommodate that ask. Maybe plan on coordinating the Genie+ times with your son’s DAS times.
When we went last December they didn’t care how many people were associated with the DAS (we had 11) but still has the rule of only any 5 could with with the DAS holder on any one ride. The rest of our group (7/11) did pay for G+ and for the most part we were able to make it work. They selected a G+ and then we selected DAS for the same thing. Usually our time was up before theirs so we just did shorter line stuff while waiting. They were never able to get ToT so at one point we just did DAS with the 6 people who cared the most about it and the rest of us did other things.

I’m not sure you can have 10 people associated with your son’s DAS pass, online they definitely won’t do it, but you can ask at a blue umbrella in the parks.
You are correct that they will not add more than 5 (+ DAS-holder) when registering online in advance. However in-park you can add more, but will still be limited to any 5+DAS-holder for in-park DAS Return Times. It does allow for flexibility of who rides with whom within the party.

You are correct that they will not add more than 5 (+ DAS-holder) when registering online in advance. However in-park you can add more, but will still be limited to any 5+DAS-holder for in-park DAS Return Times. It does allow for flexibility of who rides with whom within the party.
The CM in the chat said they will add all 10 members of the party but that only 5 will be able to be selected per ride.

When we went last December they didn’t care how many people were associated with the DAS (we had 11) but still has the rule of only any 5 could with with the DAS holder on any one ride. The rest of our group (7/11) did pay for G+ and for the most part we were able to make it work. They selected a G+ and then we selected DAS for the same thing. Usually our time was up before theirs so we just did shorter line stuff while waiting. They were never able to get ToT so at one point we just did DAS with the 6 people who cared the most about it and the rest of us did other things.
Thank you! I don't know why it didn't occur to me to have them get their G+ first and then get DAS when the wait time would match up with their return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter