DAS questions

rcraw45425

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with
Hello, this will be my first time using DAS but delfinitely not my first WDW vacation. Will be coming with my hubby and adult daughter in two weeks for a convention at Boardwalk. Daughter and I purchased two day tickets with hopper and since hubby will be in the conference until 1pm he purchased one day 1 par after 1pm tickets.
I made it through the video call process and chose our two rides for each morning park for daughter and I. We plan to hop into Epcot on a Friday and Magic on Saturday. Since we won’t be inside the park at 1pm that virtual queue time won’t work for us but I was told yesterday they I can still use the 7am ones.
Will I be able to obtain times if we don’t have lark reservations for that park?
Another question is I just saw the photo pass filters on the app that are available with Genie +. I was told by cast member that our DAS is the same as Genie+, can we access the locked filters once we enter the parks?

thank you I understand that, but if you go to photopass lenses on MDE (top right corner of options) there are filters you can use with your phone. Some will work from home but some require you to be in the park and or have Genie+ to access. That is what I was asking about

We plan to hop into Epcot on a Friday and Magic on Saturday. Since we won’t be inside the park at 1pm that virtual queue time won’t work for us but I was told yesterday they I can still use the 7am ones.
Will I be able to obtain times if we don’t have lark reservations for that park?

If you do not have reservations for a park, you cannot obtain a VQ until you have entered the park after 2pm if the VQ is still open. Both VQs can stay open past 2pm on less busy days but will book up before 2pm on other days. There's no way to know in advance if your day will be a lucky one.

If you really want to book either VQ, the best bet is to make that your park reservation so you have access to the 7am drop.

Another question is I just saw the photo pass filters on the app that are available with Genie +. I was told by cast member that our DAS is the same as Genie+, can we access the locked filters once we enter the parks?

DAS is very, very difference from Genie +. Maybe the cast member meant that, if you had DAS, you may not need G+? Or maybe they were suggesting that both gain you access to Lightening Lanes? But, very different services and, no, DAS does not get the G+ photo benefits.

thank you I understand that, but if you go to photopass lenses on MDE (top right corner of options) there are filters you can use with your phone. Some will work from home but some require you to be in the park and or have Genie+ to access. That is what I was asking about
Only recently have they added the ones at home (some used to be park only).

But you have to purchase Genie+ to use most the filters in parks. It helps give Genie+ more value.

DAS has nothing to do with photos.

Also DAS is not the same as Genie+ other than both allow you to book rides, though the operation is not the same. Some people get both, some just one or the other. Depends on your touring style.

If you do not have reservations for a park, you cannot obtain a VQ until you have entered the park after 2pm if the VQ is still open. Both VQs can stay open past 2pm on less busy days but will book up before 2pm on other days. There's no way to know in advance if your day will be a lucky one.

If you really want to book either VQ, the best bet is to make that your park reservation so you have access to the 7am drop.

DAS is very, very difference from Genie +. Maybe the cast member meant that, if you had DAS, you may not need G+? Or maybe they were suggesting that both gain you access to Lightening Lanes? But, very different services and, no, DAS does not get the G+ photo benefits.
Thank you. Honestly I don’t care about the filters just thought it was cute. This is my first time using DAS as my back issue has gotten progressively worse and I can’t stand for long periods of time anymore. This will be my first trip back since Genie+ started, last year we did Universal but stayed at Hard Rock and had front of the line privileges. The way the CM explained DAS was that it acted like genie+ in that once we entered the gate we could book one ride (in addition to the two per day that we could early book). Then after we tap in we could book another (like old fast pass). We all probably have around 100 visits so it’s not a must do but with my back this could definitely help

Thank you. Honestly I don’t care about the filters just thought it was cute. This is my first time using DAS as my back issue has gotten progressively worse and I can’t stand for long periods of time anymore. This will be my first trip back since Genie+ started, last year we did Universal but stayed at Hard Rock and had front of the line privileges. The way the CM explained DAS was that it acted like genie+ in that once we entered the gate we could book one ride (in addition to the two per day that we could early book). Then after we tap in we could book another (like old fast pass). We all probably have around 100 visits so it’s not a must do but with my back this could definitely help
You can't stack return times for DAS like you can for Genie+, as you can only have one at a time. DAS is based on the standby return time, while Genie+ is not. I'm thinking the CM might need a little more training.

You can't stack return times for DAS like you can for Genie+, as you can only have one at a time. DAS is based on the standby return time, while Genie+ is not. I'm thinking the CM might need a little more training.
Agree on the CM needing more training - I’m surprised a DAS was even issued, given that the inability to stand for long periods could be accommodated with a mobility aid.

We plan to hop into Epcot on a Friday and Magic on Saturday. Since we won’t be inside the park at 1pm that virtual queue time won’t work for us but I was told yesterday they I can still use the 7am ones.
Assuming you are asking about GotG and TRON VQs, as already mentioned you cannot access the 7am VQ without a park reservation. However if slots remain available after 2pm you can try for VQ after you hop. Alternatively you can purchase ILL$.

DAS access is via the LL as is G+. You can reserve another DAS after tapping in, unless there is a 2nd tap point in which case you can schedule another DAS after that. You can also buy G+ if you’d like the ability to stack more rides; DAS cannot stack, just 1 at a time.

Assuming you are asking about GotG and TRON VQs, as already mentioned you cannot access the 7am VQ without a park reservation. However if slots remain available after 2pm you can try for VQ after you hop. Alternatively you can purchase ILL$.

DAS access is via the LL as is G+. You can reserve another DAS after tapping in, unless there is a 2nd tap point in which case you can schedule another DAS after that. You can also buy G+ if you’d like the ability to stack more rides; DAS cannot stack, just 1 at a time.
Thank you. I’m confused about stacking, can you explain?

Even with a hopper I need a park reservation to book an advance return for a ride, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter