DAS pass - more than 6, anyone had luck?

Kforisha

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney World on November 18th. We have the DAS pass already approved for our 3 year old and added 5 additional guests. Our group going is our immediate family of 4 plus my sister, brother in law, nephew and my mom, so 8 total. Has anyone had luck at the park adding 2 extra people on a DAS pass (for 8 total)? It’s hard to predict which people might stay together because sometimes our 3 year old prefers different people who may help take care of him. The cast member who helped set up the DAS pass said to ask at the park, so I’m wondering, has anyone had luck getting a total of 8 people approved?

The general consensus here is you'll have to get lucky. Typically exceptions are only granted for immediate family (ie you have 6 kids). Anything else is basically pixie dust.
Sometimes you will be told to ask at each individual ride when you return for your return time and it's at the discretion of the CM there.

basically, it doesn't matter about anyone else's luck on the board, just the luck you have each day of your trip.

They will be able to add the extra guests most likely at Guest Services, but they will not let more than 6 go on a ride, so you will need to pick and choose. Get Genie+ for those who cannot be on the pass.

Just returned form DW. We had 9 in our party and two with needs. At the GS they set up 2 DAS accounts with all 9 people in both. We were able to ride all 9 together every time, no problem. When I approached the CM at GS and explained that we had 9, she said "No problem" and that was it.

Good luck.
Edit- we actually had 9 in our party. I was so used to seeing 8 after selecting the DAS member first. Sorry

Last edited:
Just returned form DW. We had 8 in our party and two with needs. At the GS they set up 2 DAS accounts with all 8 people in both. We were able to ride all 8 together every time, no problem. When I approached the CM at GS and explained that we had 8, she said "No problem" and that was it.

Good luck.
Yes, but you had two users. Even if they were "on both", you didn't get an exception to the rule, you had 6 people per user allowed each. That was just the rules.

Just returned form DW. We had 8 in our party and two with needs. At the GS they set up 2 DAS accounts with all 8 people in both. We were able to ride all 8 together every time, no problem. When I approached the CM at GS and explained that we had 8, she said "No problem" and that was it.

Good luck.
Are you saying that the DAS users were each allowed to be on a second DAS?

We just returned a few weeks ago. We had 5 on my daughter’s but when getting her DAS I explained that my sister and her 2 kids were joining us later on our trip and she added them on too so we had a party of 8. We had no problems.

Like so many things involving disabilities at WDW, it’s filed under “It can happen, but you can’t count on it happening.” It’s always wise to have a Plan B just in case.

Yes, but you had two users. Even if they were "on both", you didn't get an exception to the rule, you had 6 people per user allowed each. That was just the rules.
She set up 2 accounts with all 9 on each account. I used either one to select times. In the sunlight it was hard to see which name to select, so sometimes I chose one account and sometimes the other. The only problem I encountered was trying to make a new one and realizing that not everyone had hit the second magic band post and they had to go back and hit it. With 6 year old triplets they often would mess up checking in.

Last edited:
Like so many things involving disabilities at WDW, it’s filed under “It can happen, but you can’t count on it happening.” It’s always wise to have a Plan B just in case.
We met locals at AK and they got Genie+ and we had no trouble riding together, because after you are given a time, you can go anytime after, and the Genie+ is within an hour, so the timing is easy. So that could be your plan B.

She set up 2 accounts with all 8 on each account. I used either one to select times. In the sunlight it was hard to see which name to select, so sometimes I chose one account and sometimes the other. The only problem I encountered was trying to make a new one and realizing that not everyone had hit the second magic band post and they had to go back and hit it. With 6 year old triplets they often would mess up checking in.

But how did you get the second DAS holder on someone else's account? I thought they had to get their own return time? Or did you book that one separately?

But how did you get the second DAS holder on someone else's account? I thought they had to get their own return time? Or did you book that one separately?
Not sure what you are asking. Both DAS accounts were on my MDE on my phone. When I called up an attraction it had a button called DAS. I pressed it and both accounts came up. I would select one and it would ask me who I wanted to add to the party. I clicked all and all 9 were now checked. I then hit confirm and I was good to go. No one else in my party had MDE on their phones.

I'm not sure why they setup 2 accounts since everyone was included in the first one. But that's the way she set it up. Frankly one would have been fine.

Last edited:
We have had more than 6 on our pass in the past, but whether they allow more than 6 on the ride is at the discretion of the CM at the attraction. Don't count on it just because you have more than 6 on the pass.

I think if they are all on the pass, you shouldn't have any issues. If anyone else has experienced a cast member turning a party away recently I haven't seen it posted.

Not sure what you are asking. Both DAS accounts were on my MDE on my phone. When I called up an attraction it had a button called DAS. I pressed it and both accounts came up. I would select one and it would ask me who I wanted to add to the party. I clicked all and all 8 were now checked. I then hit confirm and I was good to go. No one else in my party had MDE on their phones.

I'm not sure why they setup 2 accounts since everyone was included in the first one. But that's the way she set it up. Frankly one would have been fine.

I thought the rule was that the DAS holder could not be on another DAS holder's list, that's why I am asking - how did someone with a DAS get to be a guest on another DAS holder's list? It's been said here many times that each person with a DAS needs to make his/her own return time, and can't be on someone else's DAS.

Not sure what you are asking. Both DAS accounts were on my MDE on my phone. When I called up an attraction it had a button called DAS. I pressed it and both accounts came up. I would select one and it would ask me who I wanted to add to the party. I clicked all and all 8 were now checked. I then hit confirm and I was good to go. No one else in my party had MDE on their phones.

I think the bolded part answers it. The DAS holders were not on both accounts.
One was selected to start the DAS Return Time. When ’Select All’ was chosen, it selected everyone, including the 2nd DAS holder and all the guests listed as ‘Guests Joining’

We only have one DAS holder - listed as Registered Guest on the screenshot. Since we have only one, she is the only one listed under ‘Registered Guest’.
When I make a DAS Return Time, she is preselected with a grey checkbox. When I check the ‘Select All‘ button, it added all the others in our list of ‘Guests Joining’.

If we had 2 DAS holders, they would both have their own line as ‘Registered Guest’ . They could both choose a DAS Return Time separately and then choose others from the ‘Guests Joining’ who were not already on an active DAS Return Time.

E52D4572-F640-42A3-8504-9871E665C127.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter