DAS Online Chat Experience

PAsFab5

DIS Veteran
After reading and learning so much about the DAS online registration process on the boards I wanted to share how my experience went this morning.

I got the page for DAS registration up on my phone last night before I went to bed so I was ready this morning.

Hopped on the page at 6:55 and agreeded to the terms and conditions.

Kept refreshing the page until the “request live chat” became available, which was a few seconds before 7am.

I was linked with a cast member right at 7, on video chat by 7:02, DDs picture taken at 7:10 and off the chat with 2 pre selections made at 7:15.

5 minutes of the call was the cast member and I chatting about how great the new Guardians ride is and her explaining it will be virtual queue.

I could not be happier with how the process went. I know many folks have struggled with this but if you can be ready to go before 7 you may have a smooth and quick experience like I did this morning!

Happy you had a great experience! I wanted to ask you if you waited until 30 days from your last day at the parks? It is my understanding that they can only book you the extra two experiences if it’s within 30 days.

Last edited:
Happy you had a great experience! I wanted to ask you if you waited until 30 days from your last day at the parks? It is my understanding that they can only book you the extra to experiences if it’s within 30 days.
The WDW website still says what it originally said (My bold).
“During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

It‘s been inconsistent whether or guests have been able to book days that are more than 30 days out.
Some callers were told they were allowed to book the farther out days because they were staying on property. Some who were NOT staying on property were able to. And, some who were staying on property were told they could only book for those days within the 30 day of first park visit window. (Some were recent as even told the CM they were staying property and were told that it was still not allowed).
So plan to be able to do only the days in the 30 - 2 day window and if you are able to fo more, consider It pixie dust

Happy you had a great experience! I wanted to ask you if you waited until 30 days from your last day at the parks? It is my understanding that they can only book you the extra to experiences if it’s within 30 days.
I called 30 days before our scheduled park day. So we are going to a park 6/3 and I called 5/5 to set everything up.

We are staying offsite and only have 1 park booked currently because I don’t know how DD is going to handle being back at the parks.

We have a on-site weekend booked in November and the CM told me I would need to call back and re-register if she will needed DAS at that time.

Glad to hear you had a good experience setting up your DAS. I had a positive experience seting one up today as well for Disneyland Resort. I wasn't able to get on right when they opened (9 am PST), but started the chat just around 11.

Of course the video chat started right when I was cooking lunch about 1.25 hours later. It was the same CM that I had 6 months ago and she seemed to remember us. Once I was connected to the the video, we were through in under 10 minutes (with me managing laptop in one hand and cooking utensils in the other).

I know it doesn't take long to set things up in the park in person, but for me, I vastly prefer the video chat.

I understand that it has been hit and miss regarding booking your whole stay or just the days that are within the 30 day timeframe. It seems to depend on the cast member. My question is, has anyone had such bad luck that they have to sign into chat every day, day after day, only doing one day at a time? Did they never run into a cast member who is willing to book the rest of the trip?

I just booked yesterday at 29 days out for our entire 8 night trip. We are staying onsite. Not sure if that matters.

Logged in to request chat at about 2:30p CST complete with chat window popup. For the first 4 hours or so, I would periodically get logged out and had to refresh, then log back in. Once I did, the chat window reopened and continued to show the "test" message I sent around 3:30p. Once I passed the 5 hour mark or so, the chat window disappeared and what had previously been the "request live video chat" button was spinning blue circle. I tried refreshing, logging out and back in, restarting, rebooting, clearing cache and cookies (repeatedly), all to no avail. I could never get the chat window back, so I sat on that screen for the last two hours hoping it would eventually pop back up. At 9:10 CST I refreshed once more, knowing it was outside business hours, and now the button to request chat is grayed out.

Can anyone give insight into what might have gone wrong or what I should have done differently? We are leaving on June 4th, so I have time, but I work full time, so my opportunities are somewhat limited for when I can set aside hours on end hoping this will work.

TIA!

Yes, I had a lot of trouble getting logged off and then not being able to log back in and see the chat window (it would give the message that you need to log back in). I was mostly using Chrome as a browser on a PC.

The only thing that would consistently work for me was to: log out, close all tabs from the Disney website, clear all browser history (including cookies), close down chrome, open chrome back up and login to the Disney website and navigate back to the das video chat request area. The purpose of the steps was to completely clean the browser of the session and login cleanly.

I also had some analogous difficulties with the iPad, but I will fix it by force closing Safari and then logging back in.

I alternated logging in between two computers and an iPad so that something was always logged in…. Or at least trying to.

Yes, I had a lot of trouble getting logged off and then not being able to log back in and see the chat window (it would give the message that you need to log back in). I was mostly using Chrome as a browser on a PC.

The only thing that would consistently work for me was to: log out, close all tabs from the Disney website, clear all browser history (including cookies), close down chrome, open chrome back up and login to the Disney website and navigate back to the das video chat request area. The purpose of the steps was to completely clean the browser of the session and login cleanly.

I also had some analogous difficulties with the iPad, but I will fix it by force closing Safari and then logging back in.

I alternated logging in between two computers and an iPad so that something was always logged in…. Or at least trying to.
Another interesting bit of information that I observed… About 20 minutes before my chat started the title bar of the chat window changed to someone’s name. My test messages then indicated “read“ next to them.

Thanks for the recommendations. I also was using chrome, but on my laptop, and feel like I probably did the things you mentioned during my myriad of attempts to bring the window back up. I'll make sure on my next attempt to follow your steps outlined and see if that fixes it. I also have an ipad, so maybe I'll bounce between it and chrome on my laptop next time, too.

Adding my experience to this. I did the online registration for my son this morning. I logged on a little before 11 EST and it took about 3 hours for someone to come on the chat. The frustrating thing was that I had originally tried logging on about an hour and 45 minutes earlier, but didn't realize the chat hadn't loaded properly until I came to this site and looked at others' experience. It just kept saying loading and flashing without any messages ever coming up. I came here and saw that I was supposed to be seeing an introductory message, so closed everything out and loaded it again and that's when it worked. So I waited an extra hour and 45 minutes prior to the 3 hours for nothing. The video chat went extremely quickly once the CM came on, we were done within a few minutes. The advance selections took longer, but we have 9 park days. Today is 30 days out from our first park day and we were able to book all 9 days today. We have a triple split stay, but the whole thing is onsite. Glad to have it done!

Thanks for the recommendations. I also was using chrome, but on my laptop, and feel like I probably did the things you mentioned during my myriad of attempts to bring the window back up. I'll make sure on my next attempt to follow your steps outlined and see if that fixes it. I also have an ipad, so maybe I'll bounce between it and chrome on my laptop next time, too.
I did it twice with an iPad using Safari without problem.
The first time was late January and I was in and out within an hour - in the afternoon, which I expected would be an issue. The second time was during the Spring Break rush of people registering and I had multiple week day afternoons to closing of not getting taken care of - the chat loaded and I was in, but didn’t get answered. I finally was able to try early on a Saturday and did get it done.

Since you are logged into the Disney website, you will be on the same chat whether you are on the laptop with Chrome or the iPad with Safari. My personal feeling is it’s better not to bounce around.

Third time was the charm and it ended up finally working on my phone using Samsung Internet vs Chrome. Interestingly, both the first and second times we apparently got through, but in each case I'd been kicked out of the chat. The first time it happened I managed to rejoin the chat, but the messages didn't show up until the second time I tried a few days later. That instance, after again getting kicked, it was after 10p EST so I had no way to rejoin. This time, an agent picked up a little after 10 and we were through the approval process in less than 15 minutes!

...but then I got kicked out of chat before I was connected to the selection agent, so I guess I'll be trying again tomorrow. Thankfully, since I don't need my son with me for that, I can sit in queue while at work.

Third time was the charm and it ended up finally working on my phone using Samsung Internet vs Chrome. Interestingly, both the first and second times we apparently got through, but in each case I'd been kicked out of the chat. The first time it happened I managed to rejoin the chat, but the messages didn't show up until the second time I tried a few days later. That instance, after again getting kicked, it was after 10p EST so I had no way to rejoin. This time, an agent picked up a little after 10 and we were through the approval process in less than 15 minutes!

...but then I got kicked out of chat before I was connected to the selection agent, so I guess I'll be trying again tomorrow. Thankfully, since I don't need my son with me for that, I can sit in queue while at work.
Glad You posted that you were able to get in.
I have read posts here on other places where people had issues on Chrome.
The text chat does warn that ‘incognito Chrome’ has known issues joining the video chat, but I’ve read of issues with Chrome in general also.

I was able to get our ride selections yesterday afternoon after being in chat, waiting for a representative for over 7 hours. Yes, SEVEN! When I opened the window to start my hold time, I saw there were messages from the previous night, approximately 5 minutes after the CM that approved my son would have transferred us to the selection CM. That person waited nearly 40 minutes before closing the chat, but I never knew because once the chat crashed that night, there was no way to reopen it.

Interestingly, after that seven hour wait, only a second after I typed "test" a rep joined the chat. (I hadn't typed anything at all throughout the rest of the day.) I suspect that had I typed anything earlier, I would have had a faster response.

PRO TIP: Type something in the chat window if you have to go back in and select your rides at a separate time from your approval for DAS. I can't prove it helped, but the timing is highly suspect. LOL!

……Interestingly, after that seven hour wait, only a second after I typed "test" a rep joined the chat. (I hadn't typed anything at all throughout the rest of the day.) I suspect that had I typed anything earlier, I would have had a faster response.

PRO TIP: Type something in the chat window if you have to go back in and select your rides at a separate time from your approval for DAS. I can't prove it helped, but the timing is highly suspect. LOL!
For some reason, the CMs to arrange DAS Advance Selections have almost no wait before answering your chat.
If I’ve been out of chat, I always type something into the window. If nothing else, seeing ‘sent’ in the window next to what I typed lets me know I am actually in an active chat window

Just wanted to share our experience registering for a DAS for Disneyland. We logged on Friday afternoon and I was expecting an hours long wait, but it was only 30 minutes. Both of my parents need a DAS, so I was also expecting to have to repeat the process twice, but the CM was able to help them both at the same time. We were able to make 2 days of advance reservations, but will have to log back in for the last 3 days due to it being more than 30 days out. He said to type oin “Advance Reservations” into the chat and we should be able to talk to someone without a wait. He also said my parents did not have to be present for the selection portion. I really was expecting a longer process and just residing to applying in the park as we have done in the past. It was surprisingly easy.

Can someone please confirm for me what happened when you clicked the request chat button? I have a spinning wheel on the same page above a message that says "we are currently experiencing extended wait times and and encourage you to check back later" and have been waiting 3hrs now. I just want to check I don't have a tech issue and this is how it shows for everyone else whilst you are queing. I'm on desktop on Firefox

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter