DAS needed?

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
I don’t want to take advantage of the program but if can help…. I have RA and my wheelchair will be adequate for that but now I have spotty control of bowel and bladder. By the time I feel an urge I have minimal time to get to a bathroom. I will be wearing incontinance briefs but it just isn’t comfortable to be stuck in line after the fact. So would I be eligible?

When you request the DAS do not mention your wheelchair. It is irrelevant. You are requesting specifically for your “bathroom” emergency needs. This is what you need the DAS for.

I think sometimes the CM hears the word wheelchair or scooter and stops listening. An assistive device will not help with your needs, however. Focus on why you need the DAS.

With this issue, which I completely understand, planning is key so always be prepared… know where the nearest bathroom is at any given moment and be sure you are packing extra supplies!

Agree with previous poster. I was in line for Rise once and the ride broke down. I was stuck in my wheelchair unable to leave the line for over an hour and seriously stressing about what to do if the urge hit. The lines may be big enough for an EVC but not big enough to turn around it to squeeze by people if you need to leave the line.

Agree with previous poster. I was in line for Rise once and the ride broke down. I was stuck in my wheelchair unable to leave the line for over an hour and seriously stressing about what to do if the urge hit. The lines may be big enough for an EVC but not big enough to turn around it to squeeze by people if you need to leave the line.
What we’ve done in this situation has been to leave DH (and others, where applicable) waiting in line while I made my way back out to the bathroom. If the line began moving, he just directed people to go around him. If necessary, he did move forward with the line until he could get to a wider spot (switchbacks, or near trash cans are typically sufficient) where he could “pull over” safely out of the way of traffic.
I always notify at least 2 CMs on my way out, and confirm they’ll either still be there in 10-20 mins, or request that they please pass on to the next CM coming on that I’ll be returning.
We have had good luck with this method. Of course, I can hobble to the restroom and back with my cane… if you cannot go without your wheels, you couldn’t do this.

What we’ve done in this situation has been to leave DH (and others, where applicable) waiting in line while I made my way back out to the bathroom. If the line began moving, he just directed people to go around him. If necessary, he did move forward with the line until he could get to a wider spot (switchbacks, or near trash cans are typically sufficient) where he could “pull over” safely out of the way of traffic.
I always notify at least 2 CMs on my way out, and confirm they’ll either still be there in 10-20 mins, or request that they please pass on to the next CM coming on that I’ll be returning.
We have had good luck with this method. Of course, I can hobble to the restroom and back with my cane… if you cannot go without your wheels, you couldn’t do this.
I have bathroom issues also but usually travel solo. So the "leave the DH in line" does not work for me. The worst is trying to stake out a spot for the parade or fireworks. I can never get a spot because I have to go to the restroom too often. DAS is great for someone like me, who would never be able to go on anything that had a line longer then 20 minutes.

I have bathroom issues also but usually travel solo. So the "leave the DH in line" does not work for me. The worst is trying to stake out a spot for the parade or fireworks. I can never get a spot because I have to go to the restroom too often. DAS is great for someone like me, who would never be able to go on anything that had a line longer then 20 minutes.
Were you able to get a DAS pass for bladder/bathroom issues? I have the same problem and a DAS pass would help me tremendously.

Were you able to get a DAS pass for bladder/bathroom issues? I have the same problem and a DAS pass would help me tremendously.
It is not DX based so two people with the same DX can have different needs. So I would just ask

I will say that when I have left the return line to go to the bathroom I had to schedule a new das. They did not let me back in sadly. But that is a big reason why I booked it so that I could do that. With genie plus I could not book again for that ride if I had to leave to go to the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter