DAS & MVMCP

The person whose post you have quoted her trip was a year ago and things do and indeed have changed in lots of ways over the past year especially since the DAS is now linked to your MB. Its interesting to see now on MDE there is an option to see your Disability Access Return Times experiences so presumably you can check while at a ride and also the CM can check.

The person whose post you have quoted her trip was a year ago and things do and indeed have changed in lots of ways over the past year especially since the DAS is now linked to your MB. Its interesting to see now on MDE there is an option to see your Disability Access Return Times experiences so presumably you can check while at a ride and also the CM can check.
I guess I am even more confused because the poster refers to getting the return time put on her MB. Were they doing that a year ago?

I don't know WDWs policy but based on this family's experience it would appear that if you show up right before closing with a DAS the CM's will give you almost immediate access to the rides no matter how long the line. Still doesn't seem fair to others waiting their turn but if it is policy then WDW should make it known and available to everyone with a DAS.

DAS began to be put on tickets at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in December of 2014. There are no Magicbands in California at this time, so it would not have been possible to get a DAS Return Time on a Magicband there for the Halloween or Christmas parties.

DAS began to be put on Magicbands at WDW in late April 2015 (like April 30), so it is not possible that anyone has gotten a DAS Retutn Time for any WDW parties either.

I may be misunderstanding but I thought the DAS would give you a return time 10 min less than the standby line. In this case the DAS would have been for a 30 min return time. It doesn't seem fair to anyone waiting their place in line that they gave you a 5 min return time. Not exactly like front of the line with GAC but immediate access to the FP line on demand. The CMs should follow the rules or the whole thing could get as abused as the GAC and we know how that ended.

The DAS time couldn't go on our bands as they do not give out DAS times once emh start,
So in this instance there was only 5 mins until midnight, at which time no more DAS times are given out. However under the rules you have to give out DAS times up until the park closes. Or the switch it over, therfore we couldn't wait 10 minutes as there was not 10 minutes to wait. Hope this clears it up for you.

My trip actually was in may until June. Of this year. Not over a year ago.

I guess I am even more confused because the poster refers to getting the return time put on her MB. Were they doing that a year ago?

I don't know WDWs policy but based on this family's experience it would appear that if you show up right before closing with a DAS the CM's will give you almost immediate access to the rides no matter how long the line. Still doesn't seem fair to others waiting their turn but if it is policy then WDW should make it known and available to everyone with a DAS.

My trip was this year end of may until June,
Fpr the whole trip this is how it worked, they would say come back in 10 minutes if there was 10 minutes until closing.
This wasn't in anyway just for my family. It was for every person we seen with a DAS who approached the ride.
I was told from a family member who is a lead at GS that the reason they allow this is because most people with a DAS would leave when emh starts as they wouldn't be able to cope with the long lines that can happen. Which would mean equal access would not be achieved.
The DAS is by no means perfect. But at least during emh nobody will get a DAS time, so those who can't wait won't be able to ride.

Last edited:
The DAS time couldn't go on our bands as they do not give out DAS times once emh start,
So in this instance there was only 5 mins until midnight, at which time no more DAS times are given out. However under the rules you have to give out DAS times up until the park closes. Or the switch it over, therfore we couldn't wait 10 minutes as there was not 10 minutes to wait. Hope this clears it up for you.
Thanks for clearing it up. It sounds like the DAS is a huge benefit near closing time. In this case you got to walk up and enter the ride much quicker than those who had to wait 40 min in the regular line. The DAS is always explained here as not a way to jump lines but to wait an equal time somewhere else. I can understand you see it as the only alternative but the people waiting 40 min would see it otherwise.

Thanks for clearing it up. It sounds like the DAS is a huge benefit near closing time. In this case you got to walk up and enter the ride much quicker than those who had to wait 40 min in the regular line. The DAS is always explained here as not a way to jump lines but to wait an equal time somewhere else. I can understand you see it as the only alternative but the people waiting 40 min would see it otherwise.

To be honest it's not my rule, and I'm not going to just not ride 30 mins before closing because of it.
What Is my family supposed to do? Not ride before closing? That hardly seems fair either. I actually don't see it as a huge benefit because it's very rare that our family stays until closing, and we certainly don't do emh but once or twice in a 3wk trip due to medical needs.
There are pretty much no other benefit other then this one thing. It's not like people with a DAS are going to be able to run ride to ride getting on rides with no que. It would literally have to be timed perfect,to even get one ride with a low wait.and most won't need to use a DAS at the end of the night if the que times are low.
Which hardly any body will use anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter