Das for ibs

Many people who are planning a trip to WDW do not have the depth of knowledge and experience that you find here. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say that you can bypass the lines if you have "X" issue. A friend took her wheelchair bound young daughter to WDW 30 years ago when that did get her immediate access to rides. A person like that might unwittingly give others the impression that is still possible today.

So I am not offended when someone who is truly looking how to make a trip special and doable for one with a disability is not immediately aware of today's accommodations.

I had watched someone's video log of their recent trip also using the DAS Pass, and shorter return times seem to be the norm. For them sometimes the cast member just let them go on through right then. We had no problem waiting the actual time, I would say 90% of the time we did not make it back to the ride until an hour or two AFTER our return time. We certainly did not abuse the system in any way.
weve used DAS on multiple long trips since it was first introduced and would NOT agree that shorter Return Times seem to be the norm.
We have consistently been given Return Times 10 minutes less than the current Standby Wait time, which is the policy. There have been times when we were allowed to go thru right then, but those were times when the Standby Wait Time was 15 minutes or less, which is also policy.

I am just relaying my experience. About 70% of the time we were given a return time equal to the wait time minus 10 minutes or so. The rest of the time our return time was between 10 to 20 minutes, even if the wait was an hour. Only once we were let right in, but that was because their device crashed and had to reboot. I will say no matter our return time, we usually returned WAY past the point we could ride. We spent a lot of time resting at tables or benches, so this pass was a huge help to us. The time limitations of the regular fast pass meant we missed quite a few of our scheduled ones.

I have UC, which has similar symptoms to IBS, I got a DAS and it was so helpful. Just to be safe after meals I avoided long wait times, and long attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter