• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAS-day before entering a park?

mtnprotracy

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone...we are heading for a quick fix visit April 10-14, with our 20 year old, disabled son, Zeke. We arrive late afternoon on the 10th, and we plan to use our 3 day park hopper passes on the 11th-13th.

Is there any way I can get inside a park with my son to get his DAS on April 10th without swiping my ticket? Are there any other locations that can provide the card that I can use Disney Transportation and get there? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
You might be able to get disability access set up at the guest services booth just outside of the parks, but it's been kind of hit or miss.

And just FYI the disability program has changed and it is now a DAS pass that is connected to your magic bands. The eligibility parameters have changed now that nearly all lines are ADA compliant and folks using mobility devices can use the regular lines. It also does not grant immediate access to rides any longer. I'm not sure the nature of your son's disability, but definitely review the new policy so that you know whether it's actually something you need for him.

Have a great trip!

Each park does have a Guest Relations location outside the tapstiles. You may be able to request a DAS there. Reports have varied. Sometimes they don't have the right equipment, sometimes they are too busy with ticket issues, sometimes people have been told all members of their party must enter a park before the DAS can be added.

Good luck and please let us know if it worked for you.

You might be able to get disability access set up at the guest services booth just outside of the parks, but it's been kind of hit or miss.

And just FYI the disability program has changed and it is now a DAS pass that is connected to your magic bands. The eligibility parameters have changed now that nearly all lines are ADA compliant and folks using mobility devices can use the regular lines. It also does not grant immediate access to rides any longer. I'm not sure the nature of your son's disability, but definitely review the new policy so that you know whether it's actually something you need for him.

Have a great trip!
Thank you! We've gotten the DAS pass within the past year, and it has worked well for our son......so I've very hopeful we can arrive, eat at Ohana, watch the fireworks from the Poly, ride the boat over to the ticketing center and take care of this before we enter the parks on Easter Sunday! You're response was very helpful!

Thank you! We've gotten the DAS pass within the past year, and it has worked well for our son......so I've very hopeful we can arrive, eat at Ohana, watch the fireworks from the Poly, ride the boat over to the ticketing center and take care of this before we enter the parks on Easter Sunday! You're response was very helpful!
I’m not sure you can request it a the Ticket and Transportation Center; I am pretty sure it needs to be at Guest Relations at the park (either inside or outside of MK).
As was already mentioned, getting DAS issued at Guest Relations outside of the parks is kind of hit and miss.

ITT will not be the place to do it. Only guest services at the parks. Best time to try it is mid to late afternoon since most guests with ticket issues will have taken care of them earlier in the day. And even then, it’s not a guarantee.

Each park does have a Guest Relations location outside the tapstiles. You may be able to request a DAS there. Reports have varied. Sometimes they don't have the right equipment, sometimes they are too busy with ticket issues, sometimes people have been told all members of their party must enter a park before the DAS can be added.

Good luck and please let us know if it worked for you.
Thanks so much! This would really be amazing if it works for us...would make Easter Sunday more pleasant!

I’m not sure you can request it a the Ticket and Transportation Center; I am pretty sure it needs to be at Guest Relations at the park (either inside or outside of MK).
As was already mentioned, getting DAS issued at Guest Relations outside of the parks is kind of hit and miss.
Thanks, Sue :). It's worth a try for

Thanks so much! This would really be amazing if it works for us...would make Easter Sunday more pleasant!
granted your son is an adult but I know with my grandson being that close to a park and not going in would cause a major meltdown. this could be a problem esp with being tired from travel day and excitement of Disney. just another thing to think about

granted your son is an adult but I know with my grandson being that close to a park and not going in would cause a major meltdown. this could be a problem esp with being tired from travel day and excitement of Disney. just another thing to think about
Thank you for that reminder.....we will for sure have to plan ahead for that. I wonder if (because he is in the new system multiple times with a photo) if he has to be with me. We were last there in December of 2018.

Thank you for that reminder.....we will for sure have to plan ahead for that. I wonder if (because he is in the new system multiple times with a photo) if he has to be with me. We were last there in December of 2018.
He DOES need to be with you.
DAS can only be requested when the person is present. If you want to talk with the CM first while he is within view, but not right up with you, that has been done by other people.
But, he will need to be close by.

He DOES need to be with you.
DAS can only be requested when the person is present. If you want to talk with the CM first while he is within view, but not right up with you, that has been done by other people.
But, he will need to be close by.
Thank you :). I appreciate you letting me know!

If you already had the DAS in the past then it will only need to be renewed as they already have it on file and your son needs to be there with you. We renewed our DAS at Guest Services outside MK. You need to go through security and to your right. You do not need to swipe a park pass. Just tell them your son already had the DAS in the past and now needs to renew it. You do not have to give any reasons or explanations as when requesting the DAS originally. It took me about 2 minutes to do. Have a great trip.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add if I may (in re-reading your posts) that after fireworks would not be an ideal time to be anywhere near the entrance of MK as everyone is exiting the park and it is a mad house. I would, if possible, take care of it before dinner at Ohana and then take the monorail over to the Poly. This is what we did when we renewed but then took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for dinner. It was a great feeling knowing it had all been taken care of for our first park day the next morning.

I just wanted to add if I may (in re-reading your posts) that after fireworks would not be an ideal time to be anywhere near the entrance of MK as everyone is exiting the park and it is a mad house. I would, if possible, take care of it before dinner at Ohana and then take the monorail over to the Poly. This is what we did when we renewed but then took the boat over to Fort Wilderness for dinner. It was a great feeling knowing it had all been taken care of for our first park day the next morning.
Great idea :). I just love how much help/experience you all are willing to share :). Leaving POR via bus for the MK will allow us to renew the pass & hop on the boat or monorail to the Polynesian. I feel so prepared...lol...now, the long WAIT to spring break begins.

Just tell them your son already had the DAS in the past and now needs to renew it. You do not have to give any reasons or explanations as when requesting the DAS originally.
Just to set expectations -- the above seems to be dependent on the CM at Guest Relations. Sometimes they will ask a few questions, ask if needs have changed, etc., and sometimes not. Reports have varied on this, so I do recommend being prepared to briefly explain needs again even if he had a DAS in the past.

Enjoy your vacation!

We've had good luck at guest relations just outside of Magic Kingdom. As others have said, the afternoon or later in the day tends to be shorter lines than at park opening. You'll need to go through bag check. Any everyone in your party needs to be with you, even if you are renewing. They will scan everyone's Magic Band.

If you already had the DAS in the past then it will only need to be renewed as they already have it on file and your son needs to be there with you. We renewed our DAS at Guest Services outside MK. You need to go through security and to your right. You do not need to swipe a park pass. Just tell them your son already had the DAS in the past and now needs to renew it. You do not have to give any reasons or explanations as when requesting the DAS originally. It took me about 2 minutes to do. Have a great trip.

The OP mentioned that the last time they were there was in 2018 - if you go regularly/at least yearly, then I do believe they keep the info on file and you just need to renew it. But if it has been more than a year they may not have the DAS on file. We returned to Disney this past August and it had been just under 2 years since our last trip - they were not able to renew his pass from 2017 in 2019 but it took just a couple of minutes to set him up.

The OP mentioned that the last time they were there was in 2018 - if you go regularly/at least yearly, then I do believe they keep the info on file and you just need to renew it. But if it has been more than a year they may not have the DAS on file. We returned to Disney this past August and it had been just under 2 years since our last trip - they were not able to renew his pass from 2017 in 2019 but it took just a couple of minutes to set him up.

My family first got the DAS in 2015. Three years later in 2018 I was able to renew with no questions asked because they still had it on file. This was at Guest Services outside MK. Perhaps it depends on the CM serving you but that was our experience and yes, it did take only a couple of minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter