DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

Just wanted to post my experience. I was worried when my upcoming DAS would expire since I registered on 4/21 for a 5/21 start date. I did the chat in the Disney World app (not the DAS one, just the regular one, bottom right, under the 3 lines). They were able to confirm that my DAS expires 5/24 which is my last day in the park .

Just got off the call for DAS for my vacation 6/16-6/23 to Disney World. Non-developmental disability and was approved (he actually said "You do qualify under this iteration of DAS but it's changing"). I specifically asked him how long my DAS would be good for and he said it is good from 30 days from my first park day, so it'll expire July 15. I'm not AP, I just have 7 day tickets. I was not offered preselections and I didn't ask, not a big deal to me.

ETA: Just as a data point, he could see all the times I've registered and been approved for DAS in the past. He said, "I see that you're renewing your DAS so we'll just have to go through the same questions again." I just explained my issue with waiting in line, and he said OK and approved me. He didn't ask any other probing questions. I logged on at 7am EST and was done by 7:08 EST. Fastest that's ever gone!

Last edited:
Gothic Rosie is someone I have followed on Instagram for a long time. She has always been trustworthy in my experience. She posted this today. The rest of the post is all HER WORDS.

gothicrosie UPDATE ON DISABILITY ACCESS

SERVICE: DAS

5/17/24
I was sent information that showed the Medical Professional Outsourcing Company (Inspire Health Alliance https://
inspirehealthalliance.com) that Disneyland will partner with had posted jobs on Indeed that highlight their setting criteria for DAS as stated on the website.

The positions (Psych Nurse, Psychologist, & Neuropsychologist) asked for candidates "with experience and a passion for working with children and/or adults with neurodevelopmental and/or cognitive disabilities, such as Autism Spectrum Disorders, are strongly encouraged to apply."

That pretty much cinches it.

All of the positions ask for this. The phone calls many of us received that stated it would still be case by case and to ignore the website, were basically lying to us.

Gothic Rosie is someone I have followed on Instagram for a long time. She has always been trustworthy in my experience. She posted this today. The rest of the post is all HER WORDS.

5/17/24
I was sent information that showed the Medical Professional Outsourcing Company (Inspire Health Alliance https://
inspirehealthalliance.com) that Disneyland will partner with had posted jobs on Indeed that highlight their setting criteria for DAS as stated on the website.

The positions (Psych Nurse, Psychologist, & Neuropsychologist) asked for candidates "with experience and a passion for working with children and/or adults with neurodevelopmental and/or cognitive disabilities, such as Autism Spectrum Disorders, are strongly encouraged to apply."

All of the positions ask for this. The phone calls many of us received that stated it would still be case by case and to ignore the website, were basically lying to us.
I saw this also, but these three posted positions don't mean that's all they are going to be using. It could just be that they already have other people hired/in place or people who have that expertise already.

I saw this also, but these three posted positions don't mean that's all they are going to be using. It could just be that they already have other people hired/in place or people who have that expertise already.
That’s a good point!

5/17/24

Who is lying to who? I call more FUD.

Obviously they need to hire experts in these areas. These areas are some CMs very much need assistance with as they are out of their depth- and Disney told us they would be doing this to support their CMs, not replace them.

It sounds like users of the DAS program are not the only ones dealing with FUD. Maybe what we got here is a glimpse at why DL’s DAS team has been such a mess with gossip. This seems like it was written by a CM fearing for their job and not thinking very clearly due to that fear.

I wound up doing the video chat this morning…

Local AP - no “trip” planned until July, but have a smattering of random park reservations in mid- and late-June. Previously renewed DAS is still active until May 19. Non-DD, but also not physical/mobility - symptoms/issues with lines are similar to those of ASD/DD.

Virtually NO wait: by the time I finished answering a few questions in the chat box, the CM was asking if they could start the video call.

CM said they could see my previous DAS use, asked about my needs. They did ask one clarifying question that I don’t want to include here, but it wasn’t something I’d been asked before - I wish I felt comfortable about including it here because for the life of me I can’t figure out how the answer would matter in terms of approval! It wasn’t offensive or especially intrusive, though, and I had no problem answering it. I gave my explanation, which TBH is always easier to explain if I do include my disorder, and the CM said it was fine if *I* want to disclose it for ease of explanation, but that it isn’t required and will not be noted anywhere in their system. After maybe 2-3 mins of explanation, I was told I “definitely qualify for DAS” based on what I offered and did not need to provide any additional details.

This round of DAS will begin with the June 14 park reservation and expire 30 days later, July 13. I didn't think to ask if it goes away if I wind up not going on June 14.

I did ask if the CM knew anything yet about how adding/removing/changing a DAS party will be managed after the May 20 changeover, as I have 6 friends who will sometimes join me, though almost never at the same time/same day. They said it will be handled via the DAS video chat request, but can be done day-of from the park or from home before I head out - just type in the chat box that I already have DAS and just need to alter my party. It sounds like they may be able to handle that through chat alone, or if video is needed it may be expedited to go through quickly, since registration wouldn’t be needed.

Overall, it was a VERY pleasant video call, it sure felt like the CM had more DAS-specific training than some blue umbrellas CMs I’ve encountered, and there was no negativity, pushback, or indication that I wouldn’t qualify under the new program. Whether or not that’s true remains to be seen, of course.

ETA: Yes, I DID write down my expiration date this time, lol!

Last edited:
The phone calls many of us received that stated it would still be case by case and to ignore the website, were basically lying to us.
Maybe I need a 2nd cup of coffee, but I’m not understanding this - who’s received phone calls and what was being lied about?

Another experience today in case it's useful for ppl who fall into that "gray" area of 30 days b4 our trip is b4 May 20 change but trip is mid thru late June) Approved DAS (current process not new)

*was fine applying even though my current DAS had not expired- (I said I knew was still active but wanted to renew/apply due to it expiring b4 our trip' & she just said "of course!")

* She said "because your an AP it expires July 14". (IDK if the AP part matters just that she said it) So it's good for 30 days from 1st PARK day for me. YMMV cuz seems other folks told this too, & yet others from registering day.

* She brought up pre-selects herself & did them right in the video with me. (In past it was transfer over to text for me but this time right on video).

*I logged on at 7. Done with everything 20 min including preselects

Sharing in case helpful for anyone whose trips are caught in this "no man's land" time period & it helps anyone. I know I was scouring to find posts from ppl in this SPECIFIC smaller boat

Another experience today in case it's useful for ppl who fall into that "gray" area of 30 days b4 our trip is b4 May 20 change but trip is mid thru late June) Approved DAS (current process not new)

*was fine applying even though my current DAS had not expired- (I said I knew was still active but wanted to renew/apply due to it expiring b4 our trip' & she just said "of course!")

* She said "because your an AP it expires July 14". (IDK if the AP part matters just that she said it) So it's good for 30 days from 1st PARK day for me. YMMV cuz seems other folks told this too, & yet others from registering day.

* She brought up pre-selects herself & did them right in the video with me. (In past it was transfer over to text for me but this time right on video).

*I logged on at 7. Done with everything 20 min including preselects

Sharing in case helpful for anyone whose trips are caught in this "no man's land" time period & it helps anyone. I know I was scouring to find posts from ppl in this SPECIFIC smaller boat
So weird that you were offered preselects. I was approved this morning and was not. Time frames of our trips are similar, too.

he stretching room, for example, is difficult for me with the initial packing in but I’m aware of how long it will last and can distract myself with the “story”.
You know you can skip the stretching room, right? We do that all the time because my youngest gets scared. You just tell the castmember in teh first room that you want to skip it, and they will give you a little card and either walk you out, or give you directiosn to exit, turn left at the tombs, and enter through a back door into the load area.

Ugh! Sounds like it's "what CM you get" (like so much at Disney). You can go to the chat & choose the "planning" instead of "register" option and do yours
I tried that and it just directed me to the DAS main page and told me to have a magical day. It's not that big of a deal, but just strange that it's not consistent.

As an adult asking, I’ve been told no. Multiple times. I gave up and now just place myself at the far opposite side of the room from the door that will open, so I can keep out of the dead center and hang back to avoid the stampede when the door opens. I do the same for GOTG, which is a bit easier.
Wow, I didn't realize them saying no was even a possibility. Disregard my previous post.

I tried that and it just directed me to the DAS main page and told me to have a magical day. It's not that big of a deal, but just strange that it's not consistent.
Oh weird! The chat in the app? If you type in your question it directs you to das pg? In past (Like when weve had to make ours for days after the first 7 when at wdw) it just took me to a cm when they were available over chat. Maybe try app & website to see if one works better?

I agree it should be consistent. Seems like there are a few inconsistent things like expiration dates even for some ppl

Wow, I didn't realize them saying no was even a possibility. Disregard my previous post.
I really think it’s an adult vs kids thing - I’ve seen a few other solo adult posters on the DIS over the years make the same request and were also denied. I find it odd, but as long as we don’t get stuck in for more than the normal show, I can get through it. Also knowing where the doors are and that the CM in the room can open one in an emergency helps!

So weird that you were offered preselects. I was approved this morning and was not. Time frames of our trips are similar, too.

DAS Advanced Selections are a bit of a gray area. Initially there was wording such that these would go away completely. It does seem that some folks are offered the Advanced Selections, but not all. That would seem to be that it is no longer an automatic and may depend on the individual's needs whether the Advanced Selections are offed as accommodation or not.

So it's good for 30 days from 1st PARK day for me. YMMV cuz seems other folks told this too, & yet others from registering day.
It definitely appears to be determined by ticket type:
  • Those with APs are being told 30 days from 1st park visit.
  • Those with multi-day tickets have been told DAS is valid through the length of the ticket.
I think there's only been 1 or 2 reports in the past couple of weeks that differed from this.

I do expect that starting next week we'll have slightly different reports, with APs told the DAS is valid for 120 days (or until the AP expires, whichever is sooner).

It definitely appears to be determined by ticket type:
  • Those with APs are being told 30 days from 1st park visit.
  • Those with multi-day tickets have been told DAS is valid through the length of the ticket.
I think there's only been 1 or 2 reports in the past couple of weeks that differed from this.

I do expect that starting next week we'll have slightly different reports, with APs told the DAS is valid for 120 days (or until the AP expires, whichever is sooner).
I was told this morning that even with a 7 day ticket and no AP, my DAS would be good for 30 days from my first park day. But I'm very curious to see what happens starting next week.

I was told this morning that even with a 7 day ticket and no AP, my DAS would be good for 30 days from my first park day. But I'm very curious to see what happens starting next week.
I think you are the only report I've read like that. So whether the CM mis-spoke, or entered an incorrect date, or what happened -- it doesn't seem to fit with all the other reports I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter