DAS-Can a teenager get one at Guest Services without a parent?

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
Hi DISers! I tried to search this but figured someone might know the answer. My daughter & her best friend are headed to DCA tomorrow(Saturday 3/19) with their high school choir and her best friend has Type 1 diabetes that makes standing in long lines tough & her Mom wants her to get the DAS pass when she gets there but does an adult/parent need to be there with her at Guest Services? They are planning to get Genie+ as a backup but I have no experience with it so thought I would ask all of you? TIA for any advice you can give!

Hi DISers! I tried to search this but figured someone might know the answer. My daughter & her best friend are headed to DCA tomorrow(Saturday 3/19) with their high school choir and her best friend has Type 1 diabetes that makes standing in long lines tough & her Mom wants her to get the DAS pass when she gets there but does an adult/parent need to be there with her at Guest Services? They are planning to get Genie+ as a backup but I have no experience with it so thought I would ask all of you? TIA for any advice you can give!

From what I recall, part of the process requires reading and signing an agreement. Not sure how "legal" this is, but they may not permit a minor to do this without an adult present.

From what I recall, part of the process requires reading and signing an agreement. Not sure how "legal" this is, but they may not permit a minor to do this without an adult present.
Thank you! I don't want them to waste time standing in line at Guest Services if it's not allowed without consent. She couldn't register beforehand because she's on tour with a school trip & they don't give them the tickets beforehand unfortunately...

It's too bad that they didn't ask earlier because the Pre Register option via chat/ video chat is really easy to do as long as you have everything linked under one account. It can be done 2 days to 30 days before and how I prefer to do it since my anxiety ramps up when I ask for any help. Genie+ does sound like the best alternative if they have no adult going with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter