DAS at WDW vs. DLR

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
We have used DAS for our son at visits to Disneyland. We are hoping to go to WDW in the (near-ish) future. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how DAS differs at WDW compared to Disneyland?

At Disneyland, on some rides we scan our return at the exit and at some we go through the LL. Is it the same at WDW?

How long do you typically end up having to actually wait in a line once scanned in? Are there certain rides that you still get stuck in long waits in line? (At DCA, for example, sometimes the LL for RSR gets super backed up and then therefore DAS people end up having to wait in it....which our son just is unable to do.)

DAS in the app functions exactly the same.

When we went last year, there weren't any rides where we went through the exit that I can remember, but no one in our party has any issues that would making navigating stairs/tight corners/typical walking in line obstacles a problem.

There were definitely lines where we had to wait longer after scanning in, and I see regular reports on Facebook groups of that being the case still. Haunted Mansion was a really long wait after we scanned in, our longest by far, and we had tried to return several times previously, and I've seen others report the same. Some were longer just because certain rides load slower. Multiple times we got stuck "waiting" because there was a huge backup of people just trying to scan into the ride, not even in the actual line yet.

About how long are you ending up waiting in actual lines? 10 minutes? 20? More?
I think if can vary on the time of year you visit/how busy the specific park/attraction is. For instance, when we did GotG this past July, even though we used the LL with DAS, we still had a good 20-25 minute wait (significantly shorter than what the regular queue was). But others, like Kilimanjaro Safari was essentially walk-on for us because we had a w/c and waited in a different area of the queue after our r/t for DAS.

Okay, 15-20 is historically about my son's limit so hopefully we'll be okay for most. He doesn't like rollercoasters or anything so that probably helps us.

The app works exactly the same. The only ride I went in the exit was BTMRR. You can use the LL or the exit. I don’t have mobility issues but they let me use the exit. Everything else was LL. The longest wait I had was at Remy, about 30 min. But everything else was 10 min or less. I was not there at a busy time of year though. I do like being able to use my magic band to tap in instead of the my phone like we have to at DL.

About how long are you ending up waiting in actual lines? 10 minutes? 20? More?
It really does depend on a lot of factors. I have seen it be almost walk on to over 30 minutes. Depends on how busy the parks are, which ride you are going on, how many people just happen to return for their Genie+, etc. The ride can go down for a bit causing a delay, or it could have just reopened after a shut down and everyone is trying to get back into the line. If you are in line and find that you have reached your limit and still have a ways to go, speak to the cast member at the entrance and let them know. They might be able to help you or have you come back later. Usually the longer the standby line, the longer the LL line will be.

The app works exactly the same. The only ride I went in the exit was BTMRR. You can use the LL or the exit. I don’t have mobility issues but they let me use the exit. Everything else was LL. The longest wait I had was at Remy, about 30 min. But everything else was 10 min or less. I was not there at a busy time of year though. I do like being able to use my magic band to tap in instead of the my phone like we have to at DL.

You can use a Magic Band to tap in at Disneyland too.

Most attractions at WDW have a LL; very very few have an "alternate entrance" (or the exit) and mostly that is due to the main entrance and LL not being accessible to mobility devices. The wait can vary from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, though probably mostly in the 5-15 range.

You can use the LL or the exit. I don’t have mobility issues but they let me use the exit.
I would not plan on being allowed a choice to use the exit with DAS at WDW. That is outside standard procedure. If mobility devices are being directed to the exit and you have a compelling reason not to use the regular LL, that may be considered on a individual basis by the CMs at the time.

Most attractions at WDW have a LL; very very few have an "alternate entrance" (or the exit) and mostly that is due to the main entrance and LL not being accessible to mobility devices. The wait can vary from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, though probably mostly in the 5-15 range.

I would not plan on being allowed a choice to use the exit with DAS at WDW. That is outside standard procedure. If mobility devices are being directed to the exit and you have a compelling reason not to use the regular LL, that may be considered on an individual basis by the CMs at the time.
Yes and I did ask the CM if it was ok. But you are right, it’s a case by case basis probably.

At Disneyland, on some rides we scan our return at the exit and at some we go through the LL. Is it the same at WDW?

How long do you typically end up having to actually wait in a line once scanned in? Are there certain rides that you still get stuck in long waits in line? (At DCA, for example, sometimes the LL for RSR gets super backed up and then therefore DAS people end up having to wait in it....which our son just is unable to do.)
If there is a LL, you'll typically go through it. Rides without a LL are Tomorrowland Transit Authority (I don't think there's a way to get a DAS either) (You can totally get a DAS, though!) , Astro-Orbiter and Triceratops Spin. There might be a few more, but the vast majority of attractions have a lightning lane.

There's also some shows like Hall of Presidents, and Enchanted Tiki Room that don't have a lightening lane, but I think also don't really have a DAS accomodation either.

In terms of lines that get backed up before you can see the queue:
Test Track, Soarin, Frozen Ever After, Safari, Remy , TSMM are probably my most-common "I really shouldn't have gotten into this line" issues.

I have generally found that the CMs outside have a good idea if the line is backed up, and if they aren't too busy are happy to let me know if I should take a 15 minute break and try again later.

Last edited:
I noticed for Disneyland there are a lot of rides unavailable for DAS advance selection including most Fantasyland rides. I think it’s just the rides that have Genie+? Is DAS available for other Fantasyland rides and other rides that don’t use Genie+?

I noticed for Disneyland there are a lot of rides unavailable for DAS advance selection including most Fantasyland rides. I think it’s just the rides that have Genie+? Is DAS available for other Fantasyland rides and other rides that don’t use Genie+?

DAS is available for any ride when you are actually in the park, whether it has Genie+ or not. When it doesn't, you will find a CM stationed at the ride exit with a handheld device to scan your return time barcode. And often, especially in Fantasyland, you will be sent in through the exit.

DAS is available for any ride when you are actually in the park, whether it has Genie+ or not. When it doesn't, you will find a CM stationed at the ride exit with a handheld device to scan your return time barcode. And often, especially in Fantasyland, you will be sent in through the exit.
Thank you! So you can’t book those return times in the app, correct?

If there is a LL, you'll typically go through it. Rides without a LL are Tomorrowland Transit Authority (I don't think there's a way to get a DAS either), Astro-Orbiter and Triceratops Spin. There might be a few more, but the vast majority of attractions have a lightning lane.

There's also some shows like Hall of Presidents, and Enchanted Tiki Room that don't have a lightening lane, but I think also don't really have a DAS accomodation either.

In terms of lines that get backed up before you can see the queue:
Test Track, Soarin, Frozen Ever After, Safari, Remy , TSMM are probably my most-common "I really shouldn't have gotten into this line" issues.

I have generally found that the CMs outside have a good idea if the line is backed up, and if they aren't too busy are happy to let me know if I should take a 15 minute break and try again later.

TTA doesn't have a DAS option? Why is that? It's one of my favorites at WDW.

At Disneyland there is a limited amount of rides for advanced booking when you register online. Not sure why that is. But once you're in the park, you can get DAS for all the rides. For the ones without a LL, just find a CM near the entrance and they will scan your return time.

We booked everything on the app. It's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter